Toshiba 32wlt68

Chromedome

Hi
My brother is looking to get a new LCD & this one has taken his eye,two questions really
1)Whats a good price for this model (and which supplier)
2)For the money is it good or should he be looking elsewhere

Mainly to be used with 360 & Sky (non HD)

Cheers for reading

Ian

Manty

Standard Member
Hi,

I can only tell you my experiences of this model after owning it for 1 week, and the end result is I'm having it swapped.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice TV, but I feel that its quirks (in my case) aren't something I can live with.

I paid £732 on a price match with John Lewis, and for the money it is a good TV, hi-def is fantastic and the sound is quite good for built-in speakers.

Unfortunately my set makes buzzing noises and hums loudly when the backlight is adjusted to a lower level (which is necessary as its too bright on the higher levels for me). The remote is also unresponsive and there are slight lip-sync issues.

Some of these problems are common to a lot of people on here, but that said there are some good examples that don't exhibit these flaws (the remote problem happens on all sets I think).

The noise issue is more of a problem later on at night when the volume is low down, but I'm sensitive to noises and once I tune in to a buzz or a hum its all I hear. :)

Hope that helps, if he is interested I urge him to play around with a set in a quiet store.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom