• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 32WLT66 --Vs-- LG 32LX2R

S

stilo_jason

I have been reading the forums for a while now, I have been looking for a 32" HD LCD TV that is good all round (for SD TV, PS2, DVD's & PC input, plus PS3 later down the line) and have finally come to the conclusion that it is between the Toshiba 32WLT66 and the LG32LX2R.

Im hoping that someone will be able to give me their opinion on why I should choose one rather than the other, I am currently slightly in preference of the 32WLT66, the only thing that concerns me is that it may not be so good for PC input (via DVI/HDMI) at 1360x768/1366x768 where as the LG has no problems with this.

I will hopefully have made a decision on this with your help near the end of the week, thanks.

B

blackpool1980

hi bought a tosh last week.great pic and looks.5 stars in all the mags.
you know you want it.:thumbsup:

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
If you want PC connectivity, I strongly recommend the LG cos the Tosh has poor PC support. However, the PQ is much better on the Toshiba thanks to the ASV panel and the video processor

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
cant comment on the LG, but, i have the tosh.

if you want a tv, its fantastic.

PQ is superb
connectivity exellent
sound quality, very good
Xbox360 looks excellent as well.

jury is still out on PC connectivity. Some claim to have got 1:1 pixel mapping, others claim to have got an excellent full screen image which may be scaled but still looks excellent.

where as i cant!...... yet. I havent given up yet, however i must admit this is the one thing stopping this tv from being perfect for me.

I havent tried vga, but using dvi->hdmi ALL resolutions overscale to the point of unusable. i have used my nvidia software to bodge it and have a resolution of 1200ish x 620ish but i hope to get betterthan that, as for games this is a problem

gbailey141

Established Member
Can't comment on the Tosh I'm afraid but the LG has every connector you could want.

I use mine with my PC and Xbox 360+ HD DVD and the picture is spot on.

The XD engine is also impressive.

Hope you get what's right for you.

Gav
:hiya:

wavedealer

Standard Member
i'm in the same boat, just cancelled my order of the 32WLT66, I think I am going to go for the LG model as PC input is v important to me

I have however, been reccomended the 2 below models.. anyone have any info on these?

Samsung LE32R71WX
Sharp LC32SD1E

I wish someone would make my mind up for me, as I am still quite unsure!!

wavedealer

Standard Member
yes i watch movies and lots of other stuff on TV from PC..

i have discounted the following models for various reasons, either poor SD performance or no full res pc input

Tosh 32WLT66
SAMSUNG LE32R72BX
Samsung LE32R71WX

I am now having to choose between...

Mirai DTL-532W100
the woolworths 32"
LG 32LX2R
Sharp LC32SD1E

All I want is full res PC support, PIP if possible and good SD performance

help!!

Nielo TM

Distinguished Member
Then you have to go with LG as it supports 50Hz, which is must ofr PAL DVDs.

PS: Make sure to double check it lol

wavedealer

Standard Member
thankyou!

i am going to find an owners manual for the 32LX2R, if it looks like its the one then I will order ASAP

i need the screen for the below

1. playing games from PC
2. playing content (mainly downloaded movies etc) from PC
3. watching TV - only standard RF connections from NTL box atm hence the need for good SD performance
4. to look nice!

i hope this LG is the end to my long, long search!!

thankyou for your help!

gbailey141

Established Member
Wavedealer, if you go on the LG UK website, you can download the manual in pdf format.

Here is the link: http://gb.lgservice.com/gcsc/b2c/hpi/main

It is a cracking LCD. Had mine since Feb and no probs at all.

Gav

SFletch

Standard Member
I'm having a similar dilemma.

Looking for a 32" LCD. Sadly I'm obliged to purchase in-store from Currys, Dixons or PC World.

The two I'm looking at are the Tosh 32WLT66 and the LG 32LC2DB. I haven't checked but I guess it's similar to your 32LX2R but with built-in freeview?

I'm currently swayed towards the Tosh for 2 reasons.
1. I think I prefer the styling of the Tosh.
2. There are a lot of positive reviews for the Tosh.

The final decision though, will be which one is sensibly priced on Boxing day. In store, they're still asking for £800 or £900 for these. On-line they can both be had for around £600 (LG: £580, Tosh: £640).

wavedealer

Standard Member
I'm having a similar dilemma.

Looking for a 32" LCD. Sadly I'm obliged to purchase in-store from Currys, Dixons or PC World.

The two I'm looking at are the Tosh 32WLT66 and the LG 32LC2DB. I haven't checked but I guess it's similar to your 32LX2R but with built-in freeview?

I'm currently swayed towards the Tosh for 2 reasons.
1. I think I prefer the styling of the Tosh.
2. There are a lot of positive reviews for the Tosh.

The final decision though, will be which one is sensibly priced on Boxing day. In store, they're still asking for £800 or £900 for these. On-line they can both be had for around £600 (LG: £580, Tosh: £640).

oh christ dont confuse me with another LG model to look at! i've only just decided to buy it 2 mins ago!!

SFletch

Standard Member
Hope I've not confused things.

Aside from the styling, at first glance it looks like the only difference is the inclusion of a digital tuner for an extra £20?? That's worth it for me.

not an expert though (hence being on here seeking guidance!)

wavedealer

Standard Member
actually a tv tuner will be good for me too, so i'm glad you confused things as I am prob going to go for that TV now!

S

stilo_jason

Im still tempted by the Toshiba....the PQ looks good on both in the shop but you can never really tell with the low quality sources they use! The LG makes sense from the PC point of view though.

The LG also is in stock at currys and the Toshiba currently isnt, may just wait and see if the Toshiba comes back in stock and order it otherwise it will be the LG as Im hoping to have it before xmas.

Still torn between them both as PC input is fairly important too (for games and videos), but 8/10 times it will watching TV via NTL SD or DVD's.

S

stilo_jason

Just thought I would let you know that I'm know the proud owner of a receipt for the Toshiba 32WLT66 which should be delivered next tuesday....cant wait! using the relevant discount codes etc managed to snap it up for £575 including delivery from Currys.....so I'm happy! :D

Thanks for all your help on this one :thumbsup: ....otherwise I would probably still be trying to work out the best one for me.

S

stilo_jason

I changed my mind that if I were to go for the LG it would have to be for the freeview version (32LC2DB).

The LG was out of stock at the time....I wanted to make sure we had the tv by xmas and the Toshiba was back in stock....so I litterally just took the plunge! So I guess Currys' stock levels were the deciding factor.

It was not a case of me deciding that the Toshiba was any better than the LG as they both have their merits and pitfalls, the Toshiba was "supposed" to be better on PQ and the LG was better for PC connectivity, I think they are both very good TV's for the £600 bracket.

L

lewin1990

I really need to someone to make a decision for me...

I can't make up my mind whether to get the Tosh or the LG.

I will be using it for Xbox 360, SDTV and hopefully PC.

I noticed people having trouble with pc picture on the tosh, but is it really that bad?

Can anyone just tell me which is better overall...sound, looks, PQ and connectivity.

Thanks!

S

stilo_jason

Lewin,

Thats how I felt, have been thinking about it for ages now.....they are both very nice but as I couldnt decide between the two and I wanted it to be on the wall I decided to go for the Tosh....feels good to know I dont have to think about it anymore and its going to be here next week.....hopefully its the one for me or I will be returning it, going to give the PC connection a go and see how it works, I know lots have people have had problems with it there (fingures crossed it works ok though).

Good luck deciding though, its quite a tough one, really just down to what you want more.....and how important the PC connectivity it to you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom