Toshiba 32WLT66 (32")

-=PLuKE=-

:hiya:, My old man is looking for a new TV, He is wanted LCD and has seen the Toshiba 32" (32WLT66) and the 37" (37WLT66) the guy in the shop said its a pretty good TV and has had good reviews. Now for my questions :D.

1) Is this true about the TV?.

2) Is there any others out there that are as good or better?

3) Where is the cheapest, I have seen it for £720+ so far.

Thanks in advance!!

Luke

chef_uk

Standard Member
heh, you'll not get much help here mate ;) think ive only had 1 reply to all my threads :(

Just went out and brought the one i liked. Catch ya on vent :)

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
If you can get the Tosh 32WLT66 for 720 quid then buy it - excellent panel at that price - cheapest I have found is 750 quid.

-=PLuKE=-

It does seem cheap very cheap infact! As where the old man went it was £1300! for the 32". Doesnt seem so Chef ye will catch u on Vent l8r m8.

Luke

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Gotta love the Tosh. Highly recommended with all sources and lovely styling to boot. Best price I can find that includes delivery from here - highly recommended retailer too, use them all the time, good luck!

o_drewster_o

Standard Member
I'm also after this telly and have been reading up on it quite a bit.
Use the link above to soundandvision and read the 3 reviews they've put on the site from 3 respectable AV mags.

soundandvision also appeared to be the cheapest at about £750 inc vat & del until I posted in the JL price match thread and was given a link (see below) to Dixons where you can apparantly get it for just over £700. Bargain if you ask me and don't mind Dixons (which I do:thumbsdow ). You could also try JL via a price match, however that's sightly more compicated but you do get a lovely 5yr warranty.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262433&page=131

Choices, choices, choices.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Dixons are always out of stock.

I tried the JL price match and they said they wouldn't do it with S&V with some dodgy reason about the fact that S&V don't put ticket prices on their TVs and they are mainly an online store - RUBBISH!

Anyway, sometimes these five year warranties are worth the paper they are written on so have a good read of all the terms and conditions - often if you pay via a credit card you get increased warranty - for example, my RBS card offers 2 years extended warranty on any purchase with the card - so bought mine from S&V and got the great price, free delivery and 3 years warranty - better than JL anyday. Good luck!

o_drewster_o

Standard Member
I'd seen the problem with Dixons stock availability. You could almost imagine them using the cheap price as draw to the site only for people to find it's out of stock and buy something else. Or are people more savy than that?:rolleyes:

The JL thing does sound overly complicated and I do have this thing about trying to support smaller retailers. Having said that the last gadget I brought, a toppy pvr, came from unbeatable and they went bust just after!

And I completely agree about JL not price matching online stores. It really is a cheap get out clause. If your going to match prices you should match prices.

D.

JayQ

Noooooo............

Pluke & Chef, cant you leave me be, I've left!! :suicide:

Nice to see you over here guys.:thumbsup:

Regarding yer question Luke, awesome TV, the current reviews say it all m8, infact I have a few reviews in PDF format, I'l' send you them next time I see you in Vent.

I've had mine for a few weeks now m8 and considering the price you cant beat it.

http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01605qc3.jpg

-=PLuKE=-

:hiya: :D I just posted up on the forum about it in Chefs post. Ye it does seem very good for the money, But i think he wants the 37" TBH which is £924.

Luke

Welsh Wizard

Standard Member
I'm not sure that this is the right place to post this reply, but here goes anyway! The John Lewis guarantee is a big draw, but if you want to save a few extra pounds here's how to do it.

Dixons online currently have stock as I've ordered one an hour ago, but you'll have to check your region. The WLT66 is priced at £764, but if you enter the code PERKZ50DIX in the discount line before checkout, you'll reduce the price by £50 to £714.

If you're lucky enough to have an Egg card, before you do the above go to the Egg site and follow the link through money manager to the Dixons site. This will give you an instant cashback from Egg for 5%. This brings the total down to around £678!

As I said, the John Lewis price match is very tempting, but at that saving I'm taking the risk!

Hope any of that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom