1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32WL56P and Cambridge Audio Azur 540D together?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Feek, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Feek

Feek
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, I'm somewhat of a n00b when it comes to flat panels but I'd like some advice and suggestions if possible.

I currently rent an old Tosh 32" set with built in 5.1 (32WD98B) and I've been very happy with it, but I feel that it's time for a change.

I've been offered a 32WL56P LCD for the same price I'm paying for the CRT set and I'm seriously considering it.

My full setup is currently a Cambridge Audio Azur 540D DVD player, a Hitachi VCR which was top of the range about 5 years ago, a Pace Sky+ box and an Xbox.

Firstly, how is the LCD going to be for brightness and refresh? I've heard tales that say that LCD panels are pants regarding both of them. I'm going to go and view one in a shop tomorrow but that will be far from an ideal environment.

I'm pretty sure the 540D has component output - Does this LCD have a component input? Basically, am I going to be able to fit everything together? I want to dump the VCR but Mrs. Feek insists that we keep it :( (but I guess it can go via RF instead of a direct connection, I really don't care about it!).

Hopefully I've chosen the correct forum for this.

Thanks,

K.

2. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Just for the record the Azur 540d works fine on my Sharp GA3E via its component sockets.

Drphibes