1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32WL56 - Widescreen PC Display

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by hopfume, Jun 12, 2005.

1. hopfume

hopfume

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm a couple of weeks into owning a Toshiba 32WL56 and I'm really enjoying my new toy except for one thing. I've got PC hooked up to it using the VGA d-sub cable (using the HDMI connection for my DVD player) and its working fine, but I've got an issue regarding using it as a widescreen display.

When I hit changeover to widescreen mode, the screen just gets stretched out. When I try to change the settings on my PC (which, BTW, has a Radeon 9600 graphics card) I can't find one that fits the monitor size. I really want to use my PC to play films but I find the image distortion the stretched screen causes to be distracting.

Any ideas??????

Anthony

2. minty_fresh

minty_fresh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you may want to check that your card is not set to stretch the image to fit the display. i have a similar problem using my widescreen notebook with a normal TV. in my case the problem was solved by selecting resolution with a similar aspect ratio to the TV.
    hope that helps mate.