1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32WL56 Problems Please Help me!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by GROUNDNPOUND85, Aug 4, 2005.

1. GROUNDNPOUND85

GROUNDNPOUND85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi this is my first post so i do apologise if it makes no sense but anyway.
    What my problem is that when i am playing anything through EXT2 it will not focus the letters on a DVD menu & XBOX game, also when watching anything animated e.g simpsons the black outline trails after them. Where as this is not the case in EXT1 and the picture is perfect is there anyway to prevent this. :lease:

Thanks in advance

2. bilbo2e

bilbo2e
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey mate,

Am I right in thinking that The WL56 is only up to SVHS on Scart 2 and not RGB as on Scart 1 (and therefore a worse picture)?

3. bilbo2e

bilbo2e
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry just re-read my post I meant S-Video not SVHS. I think I'm right though the second Scart is S-Video only so it will display a worse SKY and XBOX picture if using an RGB signal from each. Saying that though you could actually get a "High Def" picture from your XBOX using your Tosh (as I have), and boy is it sweet! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4. GROUNDNPOUND85

GROUNDNPOUND85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any idea on how to get rid of the trails though? And How do i get the hi-def picture on my xbox? Cheers

5. GROUNDNPOUND85

GROUNDNPOUND85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also What wire could i use to get a better picture out of EXT2?
    I am a bit useless you see.

6. sidinuk

sidinuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes Scart 1 is RGB but Scart 2 is only s-video.

If you are using a dvd player through Scart 2 you may need to set it to output a s-video signal. Alternatively connect the dvd via component to the vga socket.

7. bilbo2e

bilbo2e
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You won't be able to improve your picture through EXT2 much as you are comparing a low resolution S Video (or worse) signal to the (much) better RGB signal through EXT1.

You could take sidinuk's advice about connecting your XBOX/DVD using component leads via the VGA socket - and this would enable you to (eventually) get a HD signal from your XBOX. OR you could try sharing your EXT1 Scart with your SKY (you can get Scart mulitaps that allow you to share single Scart inputs all over, even Dixons, etc). OR you could get a HDMI enabled DVD player (Panasonic s97, Toshiba SD 350, Denon 2910, etc) get a better picture and free up a socket, phew.

As for the XBOX HD via component issue read this thread on XBOX world Australia http://www.xboxworld.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=28489&page=1&pp=30, and when it isn't so late I can email you or post more :D

Hope this helps.

8. GROUNDNPOUND85

GROUNDNPOUND85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is there a good scart multitap you recommend because i got a auto one and the picture is bad in ext 1 with it?
    thanks again this is all very helpfull

9. GROUNDNPOUND85

GROUNDNPOUND85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: Dvd player problems sorted cheers :thumbsup: