Toshiba 32WL56 - noisy power supply

S

sparkysteve

I have had a 32WL56 for approx. 2 weeks and have noticed that there is a background hum from the power supply. I use the screen at quite a low brightness level (3 on the preset viewing control) and was quite alarmed when I put it on high brightness and a cartoon came on with bright colours as the hum became very obtrusive even being noticeable during periods of dialog. Is this a problem anyone else has encountered?

Just to update on things. Went back to the dealer who was V helpful and let me switch off all the display sets in the shop to listen to their display model, still a bit of hum but not nearly as noticeable, dealer offered to swap it for me but suggested I ring Toshiba helpline and get their take on it. Rang Toshiba spoke to helpful chap there who did confirm that there would be a background hum, but that he didnt think it should be so noticeable. Offered to get an engineer out but also pointed out that Toshiba have a 28 day swap policy (not sure if on LCD's only or extends to other products) and if I wanted a new one to go back to dealer. Now waiting for a new one to arrive, might be a bit of a wait though as dealer is waiting for more stock!

Thought I was going to have one of those "if its working then its not faulty" kind of conversations that I have experienced at Currys and Comet in the past.

Thumbs up to dealer and Toshiba helpline :thumbsup:

Me again, people might think this is a private forum... anyway new TV arrived today and am pleased to report that it is absolutely perfect. No hum from the power supply at all even on the brightest setting. Would recommend the TV to anyone. :thumbsup:

Glad you got it sorted, but maybe you would have got more response if you'd posted in the specific LCD forum. :)

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom