Toshiba 32WL56 and RDXS34 Connections

sprint blue

Standard Member
Reaction score
I get the above items tomorrow, but have a copy of the RDSX34 owners manual.

The manual suggests that the TV and DVD are connected by use of a scart cable.

Then a couple of pages later on it goes onto say that if the TV has component video inputs then you can obtain pictures in better quality.

I was under the impression, probably mistaken, that scart to scart was the connection of choice for superior picture quality, but now I am well and truly confused.

THe LCD has the following connections :

Fixed audio output, HDMI, Headphone, PC compatible, Scart x 2, Composite video, s-video and RGB x 2.

The DVD has the following connections :

component video, composite video, optical audio, Scart (RGB) x 2, s-video, dv input, co-axial audio, analogue 2 channel audio.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

This model doesn't have component inputs, and you are mistaken composite with component. Component uses three cables (red, green blue) for the most superior analog signal, better than scart rgb (though not a HUGE difference will be seen). The digital connection (hdmi) might be even better, especially with hd broadcasting in the future and xbox, ps3 and blue ray/hd-dvd in the future.

check out the thread on here titled "32WL56 picture quality".

Component will be the best analogue connection, especially if your DVD is progressive scan. Unfortunately the LCD doesn't have component inputs, but the thread listed above seems to offer a solution, and information.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom