Toshiba 32wl48p hum

S

stevedaytona

I have finally had my new 32wl48p delivered from QED-UK and it is truly wonderful except for a slight humming noise - is this normal :confused:

If it's the same as mine the humming noise comes from the backlight. If you turn the backlight setting up to 75% or above it should disappear. You will probably have to play about with the contrast and brightness settings to compensate for the high backlight setting. I know that most people on here have the backlight set very low, but the noise got on my nerves so I keep it at 75%

Yup, I noticed this with my 27wl46. It hums if the backlight is set anythign below 15 (max setting). I just leave it on this all the time.

Thanks for that I have turned up the backlight and yep its gone. I am going to have a moan to Toshiba though- probably won't get anywhere. I bought the tv from QED-UK for £1229 inc delivery was this a good price?. :suicide:

My Tosh 30WL46 also hums when backlight adjusted to a value less than 12. I spoke to Toshiba today & they claim all LCD's make this noise if the backlight is set low?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom