• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 32WL48 price ??

vica

Standard Member
I'm new to LCD and don't really know what to look for in terms of best specs.I've been looking at the Toshiba 32WL48 for £1,269.99.

Just wondering why the Toshiba seems so cheap compared to other 32" brands.

Mike246

Interesting point. I've had mine for nearly four months and there is not much to complain about. The picture dynamics (handling of fast movement) are excellent off SKY. Only negative is the sound - small speaker area at the bottom and being LCD, not much depth for the speakers.

Not easy to compare sound quality in the shops and most people would not bother. I don't know if comparable sets are better and I opted for the Tosh home cinema system to compensate.

I've also wall-mounted the Tosh, which is a major engineering feat requiring a false wall, loads of cables and an expensive Vogels bracket as the universal ones are totally unsuitable. It really does look the b******s.

vica

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply Mike.

I can't believe a top rated TV,(What Hi-Fi Sound and Vision),is such a competitive price compared to other Brands in the same category.Does it lack any major features,which explains why the price is so low??

Anyone else got anything to add.Would appreciate more comments.

Thanks.

G

ginger

Can't think of any features it lacks - if anything it's better than most. It doesn't have PIP or PAP if that matters to you (not something I care for).

Only concerns I have with it are

1) blacks aren't as black as I'd like, and definition in very dark scenes could be better but I think you'll find this with most if not all LCDs. (Conversely bright and colourful images look fantastic)

2) HDMI input. I'm not yet convinced that Tosh have got this right. What Hi-Fi reported it as grainy and I'd have to agree that, in some cases, I do see this compared to the component or RGB Scart inputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom