1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32WL46P still available anywhere?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by The Hemulen, Oct 13, 2004.

1. The Hemulen

The Hemulen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've got a 32WL48P on pre-order but I'm wondering if I'd be better off with the older model. I'm not interested in the HDMI input and as far as I can tell the newer model has worse contrast spec. I know I like the look of the older one too and I'm not convinced the casing design/colour is the same on the 48 either.

Typically I've only seen the older panel at a higher price than it's replacement so far. Best price I've found so far is Sound and Vision at £1349 over a £100 more than the newer one.

Any links to better prices much appreciated.

2. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw a 32WL46 for sale today in Powerhouse for £1299 so you can still get them. The 48 casing is different in that it's a more "shiny silver" colour (as described by a man from Tosh) and the stand is more square than oval, but still tilts & swivels.

3. The Hemulen

The Hemulen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for that. Could you tell me which branch you saw it in? I've phoned the one's local to me and they have all sold out. Might be able to get one shipped over or use the info to get a price match somewhere else.

4. Jed

Jed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    You sure it was £1299??
    I paid £1499 for mine on Sunday :(
    However it was supposed to turn up monday and got delayed till today. Today i got nowt :(
    Gonna cancel.

Cheers Jed

5. Elsie Dee

Elsie Dee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jed,

£1299 is the sale price and £1499 is the normal price. You were unlucky to be there when the normal price was on. You may have already seen the following thread for discussion on the models and their availability:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154639

You could send it back and hope for a sale day(s) or try one of the net retailers with prices in between those at Powerhouse.

Elsie Dee

6. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was in the Derby branch. I thought at the time that maybe the price had been dropped because of the 32WL48 coming out. I guess it's possible that it was a display model price or something like that - I didn't ask