1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32WL46 or 32WL48

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by rnsdm001, Nov 15, 2004.

1. rnsdm001

rnsdm001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Toshiba 32WL46 or 32WL48

I am buying one of the above.

Now I know that the 32WL48 is the newest out of the two sets, but doesnt the WL46 have a better resolution (800:1) ?

Which would you say was the better?

Am going to use it for Sky (mainly football), DVD's and PS2.

Also reading some of the messages on the forum, im now concerned that the picture isn't all its meant to be? Something about it being 'blocky' when watching Sky (like watching an mpeg on your computer)

I really dont know much about these sets though. Just want a good picture.

:confused:

2. alfie786

alfie786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    go to a store see the set live then make ur decision, you will see what is blocky or not from a bad signal. From a original dvd with input from component u will not notice it. From a copied dvd or a bad signal you see a diff compared to crt. Pic on a lcd are clearer and sharper.

If u sit far away from the lcd then its fine at least 3-meters.

thanks

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    The 48 has an HDMI connection. The 46 doesn't. That's the biggest difference I can see.

4. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, I've got the 32WL46...bought it when it was released as a "new" model, three weeks later the 48 model is released with the HDMI input but a lower contrast ratio (500:1 as opposed to the 800:1 of the 46 model) not that you would likely notice much difference in real life viewing I suppose! - Still that's the pace of change these days... :thumbsup:

Anyway, as echoed in other threads, if you give these sets a good signal, i.e. DVD or a strong Sky channel and sit a decent distance away, not on top of the thing, then yes a cracking picture....If it's terrestrial or a poor Sky channel then these can look "blocky".

All in all though, I would strongly recommend one of these. I can't comment on the newer 48 model, but if it's anything like my 46 model I would buy it again without hesitation!

5. rnsdm001

rnsdm001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    brilliant, thanks all.

i was beginning to ponder whether the picture quality would justify the cost, but thanks flashman, we feel a little better.