1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32WL46 LCD TV - top TV!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by LCD Man, Aug 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. LCD Man

LCD Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: Having been stiffed earlier this year by a 15:9 Sharp I bought a Panasonic plasma for my main use. I had been using a 15 inch LG LCD for the back room as a TV & PC moitor. As I sit in an armchair with wifi mouse & KB it was way too small. Saw the Toshiba for £1499 (Bargain!) & thought I'll have one of those & bought it untested!!!

Well, it's a stonking TV & a superb Monitor too. You can turn down the backlight to enhance contrast etc & it's proper 16:9 at 1360x768 pixels!

It comes with a neat stand & has more than anough connections to play with!

The contrast level is much better than the Sharp I had & whist nowhere near as good as my Panny plasma it's good enough for DVD at night etc!

For the money I'm well chuffed!

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Eh? Toshiba's website says 1280x768 which is still 15:9... Does it say different in the manual?

3. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Anyway, what's the screen's response time? This looks like it should be a good bit of kit, and you can't sniff at a 32" LCD for that kind of money... Just depends whether it's got the goods when it comes to fast movement (sorry, I should mentioned I'm casting an interested eye over the new LCD's as I'm looking for a new main screen)

4. LCD Man

LCD Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cerebros, it's not even on the Toshiba website, thats the 36 model (old) & this is very nice indeed. I dont know about response times but I cant see any motion blur or other nasties like I could on the Sharp!

5. ansalmo

ansalmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    A link to specifications was posted on this thread.

6. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Argh, after dithering for ages over 37" plasmas, I impetuously ordered one of these.

LCD man, can you give me a measurement from the bottom of the screen to the bottom of ther base? I want to stick my 8" high speaker in front, and wonder how much of a platform I'll have to stick the TV on.

I wonder how long 'til unbeatable have stock?..

7. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    No, definately the 32WL46 - it's above the 36 model on the page and it says "new" underneath the picture of the set.

However, i have seen the specs of the 26" model elsewhere now which say 1366x768 so I'm inclined to believe tToshiba's site is wrong