1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32wl....

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by tosh hunter, Apr 14, 2005.

1. tosh hunter

tosh hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I am a newbie but have been looking for a 32wl48 for a long time. I saw one working it ws great....i since learnt that it was to be replaced by the 32wl56.

I have been bugging toshiba uk for ages about the diffrences with the models.

I knew that the tosh guys were going to the private launch yesterday and would get the accurate info on it....

SO THE ACCURATE DIFFS WILL BE;

LOOKS WISE ---- ALMOST IDENTICAL (SLIGHT COLOUR DIFFERENCE)

CONTRAST RATIO - HAS BEEN TWEAKED TO 800.1, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A GIMMICK TO ME...TWEAKED??? I DOUBT IT!

CONNECTIONS - THE BIGGIE BUT NO COMPONENT OR VIDEO IMPUTS....WILL HAVE HDMI BUT IN THE SHORT TERM (OR LONG DEPENDING ON HDTV) YOU WILL POSSIBLY WANT THESE (SCARTS WILL BE THERE)

YOU WILL HAVE THE OPTION OF A FLOOR STAND ----WOW (SARCASM)

THIS MODEL WILL BE MADE IN THE UK SO THEY CAN ACTUALLY SHIP AND MEET DEMAND....AS OPPOSED TO MAKING THEM IN NEVER NEVER LAND AND NOT BEING ABLE TO SUPPLY ANY (THIS I BELIEVE IS A KEY REASON WHY THEY HAVE DISCON'D THE 48...THEY JUST WANNA SELL MORE...SO NO CONSPIRACY THEORIES ABOUT THE HDMI QUALITY, AS IT WILL PROB BE THE SAME)

PRICE - IT WILL ACTUALLY BE CHEAPER THAN THE 48, PROB DUE TO THE LACK OF THE INPUITS AS THESE COST £££$$$$$

ANYWAY GENERAL FEEDBACK WOULD BE GRREAT...ANY ONE IN SIMILAR POSITION AS ME.....ANY 48'S ABOUT.....

2. Howardlee

Howardlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen the brochure for the German Model, which is usually identical to the UK model. No component inputs, only 2 scarts(1 RGB)

3. HD Ed

HD Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tosh Hunter,

try Digital Direct who will have unallocated stock available in 1 to 2 weeks

4. tosh hunter

tosh hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes...they said on the 25th they would have some....i think that i will buy that one.....or maybe the 56 i don't know...but i think you will be able to get the 56 for about 1000....so will save about 250 pounds (that buys a lot of beer!)

5. Panander

Panander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just seen this at http://www.leconcepts.com/plasma/toshlcd/tslcd.htm
    which seems to contradict the "no component, 1RGB Scart" mentioned above and yes it does mention floorstand and 800:1 Contrast !

"The Toshiba 32WL56B LCD Television replaces the outgoing multiple award winning 32WL48. The new unit offers the same award winning specification but at a more competitive price.

High Definition Ready

32" 81cm Visible Screen Size Widescreen
    Active Vision Technology

Brightness 500cd/m²; Contrast Ratio 800:1

WXGA Resolution 1366 x768 pixels
    170º viewing angle

Colour Detail Enhancer; Comb Filter; DNR
    Super real transient; Super Scene Control

PAL/NTSC Progressive Scan capable

The display is compatible with 1125i/750p HDTV format of the next*generation high picture quality digital system

Also displays various picture signals such as XGA, SVGA & offers standard VGA PC images

Input/Output

Input 1 (SCART): Scart RGB, AV In/Out

Input 2 (SCART): Scart RGB, AV In/Out

Input 3 (SCART): SVideo In, AV In, Scart In/Out

Input 4 (Component): Y Pb Pr In (Phono jacks), AV in

*Input 5: SVideo In (Mini DIN), AV In

Input 6 (HDMI): HDMI In L/R Audio in

Input 7: PC Input (Mini D Sub 15 pin)* 3.5mm Stereo Jack

Monitor out: AV Out, Woofer Out "

And Price ?? ........Toshiba 32WL56B Bundle Silver £1499.99 (inc.VAT)*
    Availability...........Week beginning April 25th

So are there components or not ??

6. tosh hunter

tosh hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to say tha unbeatable and robinson electric have the set up for less than £1,100.....

I think it will have a scart but not pc and rgb quality inputs...i am not 100% sure as to what inputs will be missing, but some defo will.....thats y its cheaper....

7. Howardlee

Howardlee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0