Toshiba 32W1333D B

Kiteboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've tried looking on here but there'seems nothing specific about this particular model, yet the Toshiba forums are full of stories like mine, just wanted some advice really as to shaming Toshiba into doing something.
I bought this TV for my mum back in Dec 2013 from Richer Sounds., it came with a 2yr gtee and for a sub £200 tv I wasn't that bothered cos they last for ages don't they?
Anyway, it's worked perfectly since first switching on, right up until this weekend where all of a sudden, there's sound but no picture. Having read a little about this, upon shining a bright light at the screen, the picture can just be seen,so it would seem the baclight/LED's are at fault.
Tbh I don't care, as I find it appalling that it's developed a fault after such a short period of time, these LED tvs are meant to have a 60-100k hrs life. Even if it had been on permanently on since purchase (not even close), that'd be 26k hrs. Not on.
Anyway, I have previously taken Samsung on regarding a faulty tv and after 4yrs of use, was given £700 back, but cannot find the thread regarding the process to follow - can anyone point me in the right direction/ answers?
Many thanks....

Whatever happens , after this time you would need an independent engineers report to prove that it was an inherent fault at time of manufacture ...

Edit , small claims court is where you want to be with proof as above , I understand where you are coming from , but it's only cost ~£5 / month to own ....

I'm going to call Toshibas helpline tomorrow as this doesn't seem to be an isolated case, it's quite common and whilst I can easily replace the TV, that's not the point. It should last a hell of a lot longer than it has done. I'm prepared to get it looked at as I've seen it may only be replacement LED strips which aren't too expensive or difficult to replace, but I'll only do that if I get nowhere.
Cheers
D

Make sure you let us know what response you get , it may help others [emoji106]

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom