1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32MW7DB

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Mafty, May 30, 2002.

1. Mafty

Mafty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba 32MW7DB and my problem is that it's displaying too much red.

I have accessed the service menu and turned the RCUT right down to zero which improved the problem, but it's still bad.

Is there anything more I can do myself, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and let some 18 year old muppet prod around the inside of my £1600 telly, and then charge me £150 for the pleasure?

2. baldy2

baldy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mafty,

Take a look at this forum as you may be correcting/adjusting your red issue the wrong way.

Ron

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Erm, got some bad news for you. This is a fairly common problem apparantly.

Mine did this. I would fix the RCUT and a few weeks later the value wouldn't have changed but the redness had increased.

It was under extended warrenty (3 months left). Engineer came out. Did a phone call after he inspected it and was told they have a tendancy to do this and it would need a new tube.

Carried away and three weeks later was told it was uneconomical to repair so i was given a cheque for £1600 to buy a new tv.