Quantcast

Toshiba 32L4333D Problem

Theodorou

Novice Member
So I have this TV for some years now. It's the Toshiba 32L4333D. I was using it perfectly till I moved out, when I moved out some months ago, I do not remember perfectly but some weeks afted I moved out, I tried to open it and it opened. When I tried to close it I could not do it. I unplug it and I plugged it back in. When I plugged it back in, it opened automatically, I do not know why but I used the remote and nothing happened. The TV buttons on the side do not work either. I do not know what happened and please help me, I cannot afford another one. It is stuck on a HDMI channel.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Does the remote control operate it as in, can you change channel and alter the volume etc?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Does the TV respond to pressing any button on the remote?
When you press any button on the remote do you see confirmation from the small led on the TV...does it flash to confirm it's received an IR command?
If the answer to these questions is no that indicates a faulty remote control...buy a new one.
If the answer is yes that indicates the fault is in the TV itself.
You say the local controls on the TV don't work...that can mean they've been disabled by an option in the TV's menu like a child lock...or...the buttons themselves (or rather the “tact” switches under them) are faulty...they can go “leaky” and lock out any commands.
You can check the latter by disconnecting the button assembly but that would require removing the TV's back cover and I don't recommend this unless you're comfortable working with electronics and take full safety precautions.
You say it's stuck on an HDMI input, If there's an HDMI cable plugged in remove it, unplug the TV at the power socket, wait 10 mins then plug it back in and see if that cures it.

Last edited:

Theodorou

Novice Member
Does the TV respond to pressing any button on the remote?
When you press any button on the remote do you see confirmation from the small led on the TV...does it flash to confirm it's received an IR command?
If the answer to these questions is no that indicates a faulty remote control...buy a new one.
If the answer is yes that indicates the fault is in the TV itself.
You say the local controls on the TV don't work...that can mean they've been disabled by an option in the TV's menu like a child lock...or...the buttons themselves (or rather the “tact” switches under them) are faulty...they can go “leaky” and lock out any commands.
You can check the latter by disconnecting the button assembly but that would require removing the TV's back cover and I don't recommend this unless you're comfortable working with electronics and take full safety precautions.
You say it's stuck on an HDMI input, If there's an HDMI cable plugged in remove it, unplug the TV at the power socket, wait 10 mins then plug it back in and see if that cures it.
The control works perfectly, I have tried the camera on my phone to see if it works. The TV does not respond to the controller at all, neither the buttons on the side of the TV. It just stays on until I unplug it off the outlet. And I have left this TV for 2 weeks without anything plugged in and everything is the same now.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Although you can see IR being transmitted from the remote using your phone's camera that doesn't mean it's transmitting the correct IR codes...it can still be faulty. In saying that, I suspect the fault is in the TV itself.
Are you able to carry out the test I suggested about the TV's button panel?
If not, your only option is to get it repaired professionally or replace the TV.

Theodorou

Novice Member
I can do that but a lot of people are saying it is a firmware update. I do not know, people with the same model done the firmware update and I do not know how to do that.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Usually you would go to the manufacturer's website, look for your model and check if there is new firmware available.
If there is you would then download it and put it in a USB stick. You would then insert it into a USB socket on the TV and switch on although the exact steps vary from brand to brand.
The instructions for doing this will usually be on the website.

Last edited:

Theodorou

Novice Member
Usually you would go to the manufacturer's website, look for your model and check if there is new firmware available.
If there is you would then download it and put it in a USB stick. You would then insert it into a USB socket on the TV and switch on although the exact steps vary from brand to brand.
The instructions for doing this will usually be on the website.
Can you help me find a update cause I am not so good at this.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Best if you get someone local to you to do this.
I'm in the UK and you’re in Greece.

Top Bottom