Toshiba 32L3863 Blank Screen After Startup

lneylon

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got a Toshiba 32L3863 that I've had for a couple of years and this week it has developed a problem where when I switch it on it flashes the Toshiba splash screen for about 1 second and then the screen goes completely blank.

The TV responds to the remote control and I can switch it back off ok, but none of the buttons either on the remote or the actual TV do anything obvious to change the black screen. When the TV is switched on the power light shows as green as normal.

I've tried disconnecting everything attached and have completely disconnected from the power for a period of time and nothing has made any difference.

So my questions are a) has anyone experienced similar and fixed it? b) does anyone know how to do a factory reset on this TV? There's nothing obvious on the unit and all the instructions about doing a reset require going into the menu and doing, which I can't do as the screen is blank.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom