1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32D09B Any good? £2000 to spend.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by G Corrigan, Aug 10, 2001.

1. G Corrigan

G Corrigan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First time on this forum. I came looking for advise and have spent a couple of hours reading.<br />I've had a Panasonic TV for 10 yrs, been fantastic, but its high time to update, and want a 32" wide screen. I get Digital through cable, and have a feed into the HIFI to give me prologic. I looked around about 12 mths ago and read some good info about Panasonic, although the wife likes the colour of the Philips. Anyway having read the reviews here I'm now thinking Toshiba 32D09B and maybe some new speakers.

Can I have advise on the Toshiba, the picture has to be the deciding factor, and will I need extras (DVD etc) to get the best sound?

2. charith

charith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This set has been over-shadowed by the recent "picture frame" TVs from Toshiba. It doesn't deserve to be though as the picture is absolutely fantastic!

I've had it for a couple of months and I am still delighted with the purchase. I was originally persuaded by a magazine review that gave it 10/10 for picture, stating it had the finest detail separation they had seen.

The sound is good as integrated Dolby Digital goes, but if you're serious about home cinema, you should probably invest in a separates system. That shouldn't be too much a problem for you as the TV costs £1200, and you've got £2000 to spend!

I would still go to a show room to see the TV in the flesh - it is £1200 after all.