TOSHIBA 32C3030DB vs SAMSUNG LE32R88BD FIGHT!!!!

JohnOvMancheste

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK I know this has been done to death but I am still sure what to do!!!

I have search through pages of both models and people seem happy with both.

The owners thread on the Samsung is millions of pages long, can anyone highlight any probs I could encounter if I went with the LE32R88BD?

The owners thread for the Toshiba is a little shorter and I am making my way through that but if anyone with experiance with LCD's can sum up any probs I might face with the 32C3030DB that would also be much appreciated?

Are there any significant differances between the 2?
Playing the Nintendo Wii or PS2 etc?
Watching sky TV?

thankyouplease:thumbsup::lease:

Sorry to change the topic but thought it was a bit silly to start a new one!

Is the Toshiba 32C3030DB an older version of the WLT68? Or is it a newer model - is there much difference between the two?

The difference between C3030 and WLT68 is the 100Hz,the better connectivity and better sound.The 100Hz make difference,which is clearly visible

And is there a Samsung equivilent? (we like the Samsung case a bit more)
Is the Samsung LE32M87BDX any good?

Is it worth the extra £100 over the LE32R88BD?

Now this for me is a Samsung LE32M87BDX Vs Samsung LE32R88BD FIGHT!!!

What say you AV guru's?

The M87 is better than the R87

The M87 is better than the R87

Nice one, the desision is leaning towards the 100Hz set.
What specifically is better between the R87/R88/M87 srceen.

I need amunition to convince the GF we NEED to spend another 100 notes (ish) LOL.

On that note... anyone know the best place to buy the Samsung LE32M87BDX cheaper than Dixons @ £580?

mucho grassyar$e for this it is making things far easier.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Didn't the R87 suffer with some problems, I think I read that Currys refused to sell it and now only sell the R88?
(could be wrong)

If that's the case and there's no diff between the R87 and M87 then the same probs would evident wouldn't they?

I think I read that the new R88 COM panel used is better than the COM1 that was used in the R87... again, could totally have the wrong end of the stick.

There's to many pages on the R87/R88 tweaks and owners thread to filter out what are the actual probs each model suffers with so I'm still confused.

Sorry if all that sound dumb, just want to make the right choice.

I think I might just have to chance it... will I be able to email amazon to get them to check the box is a P8 sticker one with the latest firmware??? What do you think?

Didn't the R87 suffer with some problems, I think I read that Currys refused to sell it and now only sell the R88?
(could be wrong)

If that's the case and there's no diff between the R87 and M87 then the same probs would evident wouldn't they?

I think I read that the new R88 COM panel used is better than the COM1 that was used in the R87... again, could totally have the wrong end of the stick.

There's to many pages on the R87/R88 tweaks and owners thread to filter out what are the actual probs each model suffers with so I'm still confused.

Sorry if all that sound dumb, just want to make the right choice.
The R87 and R88 are essentially the same tv with a few cosmetic differences R88 has a blue led under the Samsung logo and the power button on the right, R87 has the power button below the logo, the R88 is sold exclusively by DSG companies, Dixons, Currys and PC World the R87 is sold everywhere else.

Ah OK thanks... I was think they used diff panels.
I see you have a R88... how is it when watching football etc? Does the Movie setting thing make it better?

cheers

Ah OK thanks... I was think they used diff panels.
I see you have a R88... how is it when watching football etc? Does the Movie setting thing make it better?

cheers
I find the football ok, well acceptable, that said I do find the freeview on some channels better than others but I believe that's down to the compression the channels use, on all inputs I have the "Movie Plus" set to off, in some cases it can look good in others not.

Curly

Thanks Curly

Does anyone here have the M87, if so do you have any probs veiwing football etc?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom