• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 32AV635DB standby problem

M

Meteosat

Hi,

Got one of the above from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, but annoyingly about once every few days it won't come out of standby using the remote. It requires a complete switch-off for a few minutes and then it will work again. Is this a known fault, is it likely to get worse, perhaps time to get a replacement from Amazon?

Any thoughts folks?

Cheers

Wez68

Distinguished Member
hi ,had mine a couple of weeks now ,no such problem with mine,there is however a delay of around 8 seconds before turning on ,but i,ve read somewhere that thats how they are meant to be !! ps how are you finding it picture wise

M

Meteosat

hi ,had mine a couple of weeks now ,no such problem with mine,there is however a delay of around 8 seconds before turning on ,but i,ve read somewhere that thats how they are meant to be !! ps how are you finding it picture wise

Tks for the reply - I love the picture, and used the settings in the technical review to get the best result:

Toshiba 37AV635D LCD HDTV Review at AVForums.com

I notice there's quite a swift fall-off in picture quality from straight ahead viewing to one side, but no problem where the TV is sited. The delay is there as you say, but the power light turns green failry quickly to let you know the picture is on its way, but when my set is playing up I don't get to the green light - stuck on STOP I guess!!

Cheers

Wez68

Distinguished Member
funnily enough i used the same settings ,they certainly made a difference ,i,m really pleased with the picture quality,and the set in general

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom