Toshiba 32av615db menu auto scrolling!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nhenson22, Mar 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. nhenson22

nhenson22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Switched on the TV in our spare room last night to discover it has developed a strange fault. I have pretty much accepted that at 4 years old it's possibly died on me :( but thought I would see if anyone could explain or even solve the problem.

The issue seems to be in it's most basic form that the TV is constantly auto scrolling down in whatever menu it is in. When turning on, this immediately displays itself by scrolling down the input selections. This eventually stops and it will settle on one, but will randomly just start scrolling again after a while.
    It also seems to be triggered by a signal, for example, I managed to get it to settled on the HDMI input I have my PC attached to, when dragging a window over to the TV it would immediately start scrolling through the inputs again.

I confirmed that it was not just related to input selections by pressing the menu button. When the menu pops up it just starts scrolling down whatever page you are on. This makes it very hard to navigate (I actually have it stuck on Italian at the moment!).

I have removed batteries from remote to confirm that was not the problem and have also done all the obvious things like unplugging from wall, removing all connections to TV, all to no avail.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is. It is sooo annoying, like a little man is sitting inside my TV just pressing the 'down' cursor all the time!! Help!!

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,551
    "Anyone have any idea what the problem is. It is sooo annoying, like a little man is sitting inside my TV just pressing the 'down' cursor all the time"

A stuck-down "down" button on the set itself.

3. nhenson22

nhenson22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I have managed to fix it. I did suspect it could be a button malfuntcion on the actual set but everything seemed to be fine there.

So I started to open up the set as I had read that disconnecting the button panel might solve it, or at the least would rule out that area as the problem.
    As I was inspecting the wires connecting the button panel, I tested the buttons a few more times with the set turned on and suddenly it stopped scrolling down.
    So I put it back together and did not bother disconnecting the button panel.
    All is working fine now.

Very strange as I had already played around with the buttons to no avail, must have just needed that extra press to sort it out.