• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Toshiba 32AV504 Specifications

Samfau2

Standard Member
I'm very interested in buy one of these toshibas. They say they are HD but i am unable to find what HD settings they have, its not even on the toshiba website. I assume it's 720p/1080i but would like to clarify that. Has anyone got one of these TV's? Any general comments on the tv itself are welcome too. Do you think its a good deal?

Thanks,
Sam :)

cokker

Yep, it will take 720p and 1080i like normal, my xbox 360 seems to run better putting out 1080p through component HD though.

Otherwise it's a fantastic set with great picture quality but it's only weakness is sound, it's clear with good bass and no distortion but sounds mono with no clear left or right definition.

Samfau2

Standard Member
Thanks for your replies. Cokker, can you output 1080p from the xbox360 and be able to receive it on a 720p/1080i TV? Doesn't it just scale it down to 720p?

cokker

Thanks for your replies. Cokker, can you output 1080p from the xbox360 and be able to receive it on a 720p/1080i TV? Doesn't it just scale it down to 720p?

Yes thats right, the TV seems to do a better job of scaling than the Xbox, it might just be me but setting the Xbox at 720p makes the dashboard judder and i feel the edges on screen are more jagged.

Im still fiddling around with the settings so im probably getting confused :rotfl:

Albatros99

Standard Member
I'm very interested in buy one of these toshibas. They say they are HD but i am unable to find what HD settings they have, its not even on the toshiba website. I assume it's 720p/1080i but would like to clarify that. Has anyone got one of these TV's? Any general comments on the tv itself are welcome too. Do you think its a good deal?

Thanks,
Sam :)

It is on the Toshiba website. Just look for the 505 model which is exactly the same except for the colour of the pedestal, the 504 model being grey and the 505 model black.

Got mine from ebuyer a couple of days ago for less than £380 and it looks fantastic. :thumbsup:.

Here are the full specs.

Picture
  • Visible screen size (cm): 81
  • Screen format: 16:9
  • Panel resolution: 1366x768
  • High Definition ready
  • Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20000:1
  • Active Vision LCD
  • Standard TV up-scaling
  • Brightness (cd/m�): 400
  • MPEG Noise Reduction
  • Selectable Picture Format
  • 3D Digital Comb Filter
  • Digital Noise Reduction
ecblank.gif
Interactive Features
  • Digital Text
  • Electronic Programme Guide: 8 Days
  • Now and Next Information
  • Favourite channel Memory
  • Fastext
  • Text page memory
ecblank.gif
Audio
ecblank.gif
Tuning
  • Digital Ready
  • Freeview Digital Tuner
  • Analogue Tuner
  • Auto Set-up
ecblank.gif
Connections
ecblank.gif
Other Features
ecblank.gif
Dimensions
  • Width (mm): 796
  • Height without ped. Stand (mm): 512
  • Height with ped. Stand (mm): 552
  • Depth without ped. Stand (mm): 99
  • Depth with ped. Stand (mm): 224
  • Weight (Kg) without stand: 12.15
  • Weight (Kg) with stand: 12.9
  • Power Consumption(Typical): 137
  • Power Consumption (Stand-by): 0.9

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom