TOSHIBA 32A3030DB LCD - on sale at Richer Sounds - does anyone know anything about it

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by SPORTPACK, Sep 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. SPORTPACK

SPORTPACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone - I'm a forums virgin, so be gentle with me!!

I'm looking to buy 32" lcd for around £500 and have been recommended the Toshiba 32A3030DB by Richer Sounds. However, can find nothing about this set anywhere!! Does anyone know anything about it?? Is it the same as the 32C3030DB?? Only references to it seem to be on French websites - is it a Euro version??

Thanks in advance

Jonny

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Yep its a euro version.Its the basic toshiba model.And its not as good as 32C3030.Also the price you found it its a steal!!!!Here its price is around 500euro!!Which converts to far more less ££££!!Do you want to say more?I dont think.Have a look at the Sony KDL-32S3000(or thevery good 32C3030)

3. SPORTPACK

SPORTPACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. Chatted with guy at RS and confirms that it is Euro version just released in UK. Is apparently a "cut-down" version of their top of range one (is that X or Z - not sure!!). Viewed it in RS against Panasonic 32LXD70 and preferred the pic - sharper colours and pic. Will be interesteing to read independent reviews when and if they come out.

4. Keith@MoleEnd

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18

:)My local Tesco (Chorley, Lancs) was selling the 37" version (37A3030DB) for £599 a few days ago. I too did not recognise the model number being familiar with the Toshiba range in UK. From the picture on the outside of the box the "A" model does not have the crescent shaped stand as in the 'C', and 'X' range, but a black rectangular one (or so it appears).:)

5. SPORTPACK

SPORTPACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I went ahead and bought it!! So far very pleased. You're right about the stand - was one thing that Richer Sounds said they had cut back on - the stand doesn't swivel as it does on the C and X ranges. £599 for 37" sounds good.

6. Troika

Troika

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo Sportpack, i went into RS for the Hitachi L32H01 @ £3.50 but alas they had none left :( so the manager offered me the Toshiba32a3030db @ £399.95 :D
    Its only for the kids to play their consoles on but even so i'm still finding it a bit fidly to set up. The remote is very slow to respond but other problems ive read about bad viewing angles seems total nonsense.

7. Troika

Troika

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hitachi L32H01 @ £3.50!!! lol, make that £350 :suicide:

8. xxXChrisUkXxx

xxXChrisUkXxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've got this tv , looks brilliant compared to my £400 LG i had last week (took back and got this one replaced at no extra cost :D )

Just looking for a sky remote code , anyone got it ?

9. oxman

oxman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    what model lg was it you took back?