1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 32" perplexed

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by HD Ed, Apr 28, 2005.

1. HD Ed

HD Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know whether I'm perplexed, confused or simply frustrated with Toshiba. Late last year, I'm told by all the reviews that the 32WL48 is the best 32" LCD for the money and "HDTV Ready".
    Ordered one in Feb 2005 at about £1300 and have waited this long to be told it's finally on its way to me.
    No sooner than I have this news, I learn of a new 32WL56 to be available soon. It's already on some traders sires at under £1100. A quick search of foreign trading sites, French & German, turns up virtualy no 48s only 56s and at prices as low as Euro 1200.
    UK Toshiba & their suppliers say they are doing their best to fulfill those Uk punters who created a huge demand for the 48. Can we sure about this, or is the UK being used as a dumping ground for a superseded model that's been difficult to produce to the standards promoted by the manufacturers, for example. And is the 56 being held back in the UK untill all stocks of the 48 are completely exhausted.
    For a reduction of almost £300, if the specs are right on Leconcepts, we loose a component connection. I guess for those real HDTV enthusiasts who have equipment to provide an HDMI source, this is no loss. Conversely, those who just want to achieve the best PQ with no acces to an HDMI source need to shell out the extra for the component connection of the 48!
    I suppose the latter choice provides today's best PQ and is future proof for HDTV. Or am I trying to convince myself to pay the extra and not send the 48 back, under Internet trading rules, as soon as it arrives.

Sorry to go on a bit, I'm a bit of a novice in these Hi-tech things, I just feel there's something not quite right here.

2. BinB

BinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi HDEd,
    has your set arrived or like me are you still waiting after 3 months for your Tosh, I was promised a phone call today but nothing, I think I will cancel the order and E-mail Tosh and drip like HELL.
    Please let me know.
    Barrie

3. Flying Bosun

Flying Bosun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at the Toshiba site and use their 'compare products' tool - you'll see that the '56 is down on several features compared to the '48. I'd take the '48 if I could get one.

4. HD Ed

HD Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi BinB,
    yes I'm still waiting for the 48. My supplier was supposed to recieve 65 on Friday last so had a promise of it arriving this week. Spoke to them today and only 17 arrived and I'm further down the list than that. Was offered the 56, but no component and lower pixel resolution were confirmed. No price or delivery was given.

They say there's still a chance of further supplies, so I'm going to hang on at least until the 56 has some reviews, or the 58 is available.

5. BinB

BinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    32WL48P Good news today had a phone call today and told to expect delivery Wed next.
    I was told that the order was for 150 but 12 arrived!!!!!!! I was 20th on the list when I placed my order back in Feb and was told that due to cancelled order's I was now 6th Tosh must have lost a lot of orders for this TV.
    (Simon44) informed me that the 32WL48P that he ordered from James at BE DIRECT.CO.UK may still be in the shop give it a try and if so cancel the original order.

6. HD Ed

HD Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lucky BinB.
    Let us all know what you think about it when you get it up and running. Was it worth the wait?