Toshiba 32 full HD smart tv

johnbailey2701

Novice Member
Hi all, very new to this sort of thing can anybody help/advise.
Ive bought my daughter a 32 inch Toshiba smart tv with full hd. I know that its a smart tv and has all the normal apps BUT i want to plug an amazon firestick in the hdmi port which is not working and although in the source section its being recognised it still wont work, it will say connected to wifi but not connected to internet wont display all the amazon apps and those already loaded on it. The firestick works in all other tvs no problem and I have moved the tv around the house and the stick still doesnt work, only bought at xmas but because its over 30 days i will have to send back to toshiba which could take ages to look over it, ive updated it and just wondered if anyone has had similar problems or any advice.

Thanks

John B

vickster

Distinguished Member
Take it back to the retailer (unless bought directly from Toshiba). It’s under warranty, as such it’s up to the retailer to sort/replace

johnbailey2701

Novice Member
Take it back to the retailer (unless bought directly from Toshiba). It’s under warranty, as such it’s up to the retailer to sort/replace
[/QUO
I bought it from John Lewis before xmas was actually end of nov due to making sure i got it in time and they said that because its over 30 days it would have to go back to Toshiba for repair or replace if found faulty

vickster

Distinguished Member
They should come and collect it though? I’m sure in the past their service provider has given a temp replacement upon taking the broken one away. Although it doesn’t sound like you’ll be without a TV in the house

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
i want to plug an amazon firestick in the hdmi port which is not working and although in the source section its being recognised it still wont work, it will say connected to wifi but not connected to internet wont display all the amazon apps and those already loaded on it.

Your problem description is unclear.

Are you saying that the Firestick interface comes up fine but the Firestick itself isn't connecting to wi-fi?

johnbailey2701

Novice Member
Your problem description is unclear.

Are you saying that the Firestick interface comes up fine but the Firestick itself isn't connecting to wi-fi?
fire stick comes up with no icons just the home tab and settings description at the top doesn’t display any apps on there and if you click on settings you find that page but says home settings issue and then says Wi-fi connected but no internet. Nothing works after that no apps ie you tube prime Netflix etc

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
How are you powering the Stick, from its own adapter or from the TV's USB? If the later maybe the TV doesn't have enough current available so try the adapter.

notimetospare

Novice Member
Hi i would tell you never buy a toshiba tv again i have one and its a pain to connect wireless ive messed about with it now for months my router is in another room less than 4 yards away and my speeds are 100mbps but still wont connect my laptop in another room 10 yards away i have no problems so i put it down to the toshhiba tv

kevinjonesmusic

Novice Member
Sorry but may of you tried it on other HDMI ports on the TOSHIBA?
Also try resetting the firestick and the TOSHIBA tv?
What is the power source of the firestick?

That should probably work too on TOSHIBA if it works on other TV's. If it still dont work, I guess better to return it.

mikej

@RBZ5416's question is important and could be relevant - are you using the Fire TV Stick's own power adaptor ?

People often 'get away' with using a TV's USB ports for power, but it's better (and recommended by Amazon themselves) to use the stick's own power adaptor. One important reason is that the Fire TV Stick often receives updates in the background - if you were to turn off your TV midway through a firmware update without realising and the USB ports aren't powered when the TV is off, then you risk bricking the stick.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom