Toshiba 32" 32LL3A63DB ext HDD recording but says 'no [email protected] on playback

alicat1969

Novice Member
Issue as above. I have a USB 2.o 500 g Ext HDD which when I plug it into my computer, tells me there are recordings on it, however it just won't playback on the TV. It looks like it's recording, it says its recording.. I have formatted the disk as required, and have checked that it is FAT32. I'm at a complete loss ( and have just changed ISP provider and sent my Talk Talk box back !)

Hixs

Distinguished Member
What codec are you recording with? Given its a budget model it may only read basic files like mpeg4.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
What are you recording from the TV?
A USB HDD can only record from the TV guide.

alicat1969

Novice Member
I am recording from the guide, by all appearances it IS recording, when I look at it if I plug it into a computer it has recordings on it, it just wont play back on the TV and says 'no content' when I access it through the sources menu. It is VERY frustrating !

What are you recording from the TV?
A USB HDD can only record from the TV guide.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Try it in a different USB socket, look for one on your TV marked “HDD” or check your user manual to see if there's a specific USB port it should be plugged in to...a standard USB port can supply 500mA but others intended for a HDD can supply 900mA.
Might have been better trying this before returning your TalkTalk box.

alicat1969

Novice Member
There are 2 USB ports on the TV and I have tried them both with no luck. I was returning the box anyway as I have switched ISPs, I was just wondering if we could get away without buying a PVR but I think I may just have to bite the bullet.

Try it in a different USB socket, look for one on your TV marked “HDD” or check your user manual to see if there's a specific USB port it should be plugged in to...a standard USB port can supply 500mA but others intended for a HDD can supply 900mA.
Might have been better trying this before returning your TalkTalk box.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom