1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 30WL46B

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Hbostan, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Hbostan

Hbostan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen the Toshiba 30WL46B @ the Curry's website , seen some great reviews andprice looks sweet at around £1100 . Noted on the specification that it is NOT wall mountable and the stand is NOT included. Does this mean the wife has to hold all 20kg up as I weep while watching Chelsea purchase the premiership

2. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had mine for a few weeks and the stand comes ready attached in the box, so unless Currys open it, unscrew it and remove it I think they've made a mistake!
    BTW I'm very impressed with the looks and the picture quality so far!

3. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS Also have a look at empiredirect.co.uk where they do it for £1066 plus a free Tosh DVD player.

4. Hbostan

Hbostan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thks Phil have checked the empiredirect offer looks good- Is the tosh wall mountable?

5. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the back of the set are six boltholes arranged in a rectangle that I would assume are the VESA standard mounting points mentioned on the Stasia site. So, YES I'd say in real life it's wall mountable, as some of the specs on the stasia site are wrong.
    Just be sure to get a VESA mount that matches the 'two rows of three' style bolt arrangement!

6. MegaTum

MegaTum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 27" version of this TV appears to be "VESA MIS-E, C compliant", i.e., where there are six holes on the back arranged ::: with an overall dimension of 200 x 100mm.

Hole spacing is not the only way of being compliant, the maximum weight is also defined. So, if the hole spacing is the same, make sure the bracket can take the weight.

7. Hbostan

Hbostan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks boys ---Empire direct have reduced the price again!