Toshiba 30WL46

M

mikt

Has anyone got one of these yet? Managed to connect a pc to the dvi port? Any probs?

This TV looks exactly right for me but, I want to be 100% sure it will do what I want before I shell out.

Cheers for any info.

Hi, I ordered mine today for £1066 from empiredirect.co.uk and was told I should get it at the end of the month. A concern is that the specs vary depending on where you look and so I'm expecting to have some disappointment when I receive it!!

For example Toshiba.co.uk / stasia.net / empire direct.co.uk
RESOLUTION 1366 x 768 / 1280 x 720 / 1280 x 768
BRIGHTNESS 500 / 550 / 450
CONTRAST RATIO 800:1 / 600:1 / 400:1
CMPNT INPUTS 2 / 0? / N/A

Hs anyone seen one in the flesh? Any chance of uploading a photo of the connections so I can be sure what I'm getting!?!
I'd therefore be keen to hear what the facts are, and any comments on performance?

Also, considering the brochure shows a 'HDTV' logo it's surprising there aren't component inputs. I intend to use the DVI socket so at least I'm reassured that it should be able to accept a 1280 x 720 image!
Look forward to hearing opinions from those who have seen one!

I would also be very interested about knowing the exact specifications of this 30WL46 . I live in France and I do notice the same differences on descriptions and I even find different photos/designs...
First I thought it was something about the last letter (like 30WL46B or 30WL46G) but it's just about localization (British, German...)

So any more accurate info would be greatly appreciated ;)

That's great, thanks Sparkybun, finally some official looking specs. Although Toshiba have just added to the confusion as they've listed 2 component inputs but don't show them in the diagram! It looks like we'll have to wait until the box arrives at the doorstep!

Ive already seen this brochure and its kind of a joke as PhilB1234 is explaining...
But Im pretty sure there arent any component inputs on this model...

My bet is:
1280x768 (this Im sure)
500 or 600:1 contrast , it wont be a huge difference...
Definitively no component inputs..

And for the design it looks like on this photo...

Attachments

• 27_30WL46.jpg
    27_30WL46.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 348
Hi gnudi,
I assumed the same about the resolution, but I'm hoping the brochure is right about it being 1280x720 as this is exactly the same as my projector which will be great news for when I receive my new scaler.... it can just run the same output for both screens.....
As your picture shows, the design is much classier than some of their 'curvy' models too!

Yep I like this design better...

Well I just ordered mine here in France , Ill let you know if I got it before you do ;)

That would be great, thanks! I'm now expecting mine around Dec 1st, so I hope they have better stocks in France!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom