Toshiba 30HF66 CRT HDTV- no red color with HDTV signal

C

classicvince

I just bought a CRT flat screen HDTV. It works well with the cablebox using the S-video cable connection. But when I tried the HDTV connections, the colors dont come out right. It seems that the red color is missing. And I also hear a buzzing sound in the speakers, especially when the sound is turned high. WHere did I go wrong?

What have you plugged into the HDTV connection and is it HDMI/Component?

CRT HDTVs are virtually unheard of in the UK. I would fespectfully suggest you try a USA Forum site.

CRT HDTVs are virtually unheard of in the UK. I would fespectfully suggest you try a USA Forum site.

Sorry mike 7!
New to this info could you please explain the Samsung WS32Z409TQX in the UK? :confused:

I just bought a CRT flat screen HDTV. It works well with the cablebox using the S-video cable connection. But when I tried the HDTV connections, the colors dont come out right. It seems that the red color is missing. And I also hear a buzzing sound in the speakers, especially when the sound is turned high. WHere did I go wrong?

It could be the tube is faulty, is this happening on all source's??

If it's not the tube, it could be the s video cable you are using, or is could be the s video socket.

It could also just be the colour setting's. We need a little more info to help you out.

Just a long shot, but it could be that the tint control is set all the way to green. But it sounds like your connected via component. Could be a cable fault, or a fault with the red (Pr) socket on the TV.

(Yes I know that the Pr socket doesnt only carry red, but if it was missing the picture would be more of a greeny - brown color)

I don't suppose you are using phono leads for the component signal and have the red lead for the YUV signal crossed over with the red lead for the audio?

This would give both the symptoms you describe.

HTH,

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom