1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 28ZT29 Geometry problems

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dmach22, Oct 30, 2004.

1. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,
    Could anyone with either a 28zt29 or 28zd26 look in the service menu and give me the default settings for the following settings, CSAW VPS1 HSC CPAR TRAP CNR PARA WID VLIN HIT HPOS. The first 3 Letters/numbers will surfice IE 30H for the HPOS setting. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

2. Rushy

Rushy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  3. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no such thing as a default setting for those variables. They are different for every TV because every tube/deflection yoke/chassis combination yields different results. What's good for 1 TV could well look absolutley horrific on another.

Out of interest why do you need those variables?

4. dmach22

dmach22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The reason I wanted the defalt settings from someone else is that I had a go at improving the geometry of my own set but forgot to note down the original settings. The result being that the geometry is now slightly worse than before . Another set of defalt settings will give me an approximate starting point for finding how close my new settings are to a possible optimum set of figures. I realise that another sets figures are unique to the tube but all tubes of the same size will be pretty close.

Thanks

5. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If only that was the case.

Yes there is a tolerance level but with valve technology you will find these tolerances vary quite a lot. I would suggest that values from somebody else's set would only get a good result by complete chance. You may well find as I said previously that it is actually worse than what you already have.

Do you have a test disc with which you can see a cross-hatch or philips pattern? Without these changing any of the geometry settings is not recommended.