1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 28zh47B colour fringing problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by alanfleming, Feb 7, 2005.

1. alanfleming

alanfleming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Toshiba Model 28ZH47B (100hz flat screen) from Comet.

I have had the TV for four weeks now and I am concerned about a slight but annoying fault with the picture quality.

I often notice a slight pink cast in the top right area of the picture. Also at times it appears as if there is an area inside the top right of the picture tube which has a dullness to it. In addition with certain pictures there is a faint full height vertical dull line at the mid screen position.

The slight colour cast areas are not visible with all pictures as it depends on the screen colours and picture type. The problem is there for TV reception, when playing VCRs, and DVDs.

If I select an unused TV channel or unused AV input to get the "blue screen" I can then see that the top right hand corner area & top left hand area of the blue is very slightly uneven in its colour - a darker blue. There is also a faint vertical pale line mid screen. These correspond with the poor areas “through the picture”.

There are NO magnetic things near the TV.

Is this sort of thing normal for 100hz flat screen CTVs or do I have a fault.
    Do I need to call out a service engineer to adjust something. Is there a hidden service menu for this TV which would adjust the picture problem I have ?

Any advice or help appreciated.

Regards, Alan.

2. Shwing

Shwing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Alan.

For what it's worth, I have a Toshiba 32Z47B (50Hz model) which also shows up a faint pale vertical line down the centre of the screen. Like you said, it is only visible on certain programs.

Bizarre, eh?

I remember reading another posting one time in this forum from someone else who had seen this faint line down the centre of the screen - and he also had a Toshiba (a different model from both of us, I think). So it seems to be a 'design' of most/all Toshibas (?).

Ta,
    Mark

3. Mundo

Mundo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got this model aswell and I am really disappointed with the picture quality. When you watch football on it I find it unbearable as the colour on the players shirts blurs around the screen. I would have thought that with the 100hz this sort of thing wouldn't happen. Is there anything I can adjust to sort this out? Could it be a scart issue?

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    It isn't...the two different models probably used the same chassis type.