Toshiba 28ZD26P Problems

M

Michael25

On Monday I had a new Toshiba 28ZD26P delivered from QED-UK. After the effort of unpacking and setting it up I turned it on to find it had two problems.

1. A buzzing noise that has been mentioned elsewhere in these forums.

2. The screen was slanted which had the effect of making any lines or writing appear as though they were sloping upwards.

I've just phoned QED explaining my problems and they were very helpful and have arranged for it to be exchanged on Friday.

My question is this: Does anyone have one of these TV's which doesn't buzz or are there just some people who can put up with the noise and some who can't? I ask because I have this pessimistic feeling that when I turn on the new set on Friday it's going to make exactly the same noise.

At the moment when I watch the TV I vary between times when I don't notice the buzz at all to when it seems so loud that it's distracting me from what I'm watching. Apart from these problems I really like this tv so if the new one buzzes I'm going to have to make up my mind whether I can put up with it.

I get the feeling that they all buzz like this, thats why when the engineer finally gets round to visiting me and confirming that there is a fault i'll be asking to exchange it for a sony 28LS60 and paying the difference.

Hi I have same problem as you (you probably read my previous posts...)
I just hope QED will exchange the TV as I have it for 1 month +
and I have thrown away the box for the stand... (silly me)

No not yet

QED says they are still awaiting the report from the engineers...

I wonder what is he gonna write...he was in my tv room less than 5 secs !!!

Waiting and more waiting....

By the way anybody is welcome to suggest a replacement model

Could it be that QED have had a 'bad' batch of Toshiba TV's,with this buzzing problem?
I wonder if QED return these TV's back to Toshiba or pass them on to another customer and hope they don,t notice.....It's only if Tosh. keep getting back these faulty TV's will they do anything about it.

I really want to buy this one because as far as i know its the only 28" size of TV to accept NTSC prog. scan.

Any of you guyrs had any luck yet with your replacement sets??, i ask because i have the engineer coming round on thursday, thanks

hi

I am still waiting for an update from QED

Engineers came around last wed

and they say they are still awaiting a report...

how pathetic

btw i will be asking for a replacement zd26p

The engineer just called round, had a quick look at it and confirmed the fault, I just have to wait now to see what qed say, anyone else here had any luck with their replacements??

Still F*** waiting for qed to get back to me

they are apparently still waiting for a report from the engineers

I am so ****ed off

are u asking for another model?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I asked the engineer and he reckons i cant go wrong with a sony 28LS60, so hopefully i'll exchange it for that.

Hi

I have finally been contacted by QED

I am getting a replacement 28ZD26P on Tuesday

Hopefully this one will be fine

QED says they had few problems with these sets and they did offer to exchange for another model....

Fingers crossed...

Devesh

Let me know what its like because i'll probably have the same decision to make too, thanks

hello

have QED contacted you about a replacement yet?

are u still gonna change to a sony ls60 ?

coz it's quite expensive at qed

anyway will let you know about the new tv when it comes

btw I have also started to notice moire on the Left side of the screen

yeah i'm still going to get the sony, i just dont want to risk it with the toshiba and get another dud!, i'll be paying an extra £100 but if that means i get something that wont have any faults, i dont mind.

Got my replacement 28ZD26P

Unfortunately I have not got good news

The buzzing is present since I put it on and it is very loud, I think louder than the previous set...

(My first Tosh was NOT buzzing initially)

I am going mad
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Good luck with your LS60

Devesh

Thanks, i spoke to qed today and they're delivering it on Friday and taking the Toshiba away at the same time. what are you going to do now??? Get another Tosh or find a different make??

This thread about the 28ZD26 is making move and move i should get the 28LS60 and sell my pioneer dv-545 and get the sony dvp-ns705 to go with it .... why do things have to be so complex in the av world :confused:

what should I do now?

Try another set?
Go for the 32" ZD?
Try another make?
Ask for a refund and stick with my old 4:3, no buzzing, no geometry problems, no moire problems TV?

HELP...:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll let you know what the sony is like on Friday when i get it, Perhaps that might make it easier for you to make your decision.

Just took delivery of the sony 28LS60 as a replacement for my toshiba 28ZD26P, and first impressions are very very good. Firstly the thing doesnt buzz not one bit, secondly the picture is alot better than the Toshiba, thirdly the build quality is alot better than the Tosh and lastly it comes with a quality stand. Ok so it might not have component inputs and progressive scanning but it makes up for this on the points i mentioned above. If i were you rmsdev, i'd pay the extra £100 and get this set as a replacement.

Hi

QED has offered an exchange or refund
Unfortunately cannot afford another £100 for the moment
So I'll ask for a refund and...
hopefully next month I will get the LS60
Please post your views on the TV after a few days of viewing

Regards

Devesh

After years of service from my old 21" JVC TV, I took the plunge and ordered a Toshiba 28ZD26 from EmpireDirect.

It arrived the 2 days later, and I unpacked it and put it on my shelf where it will live. Thinking the other box was the stand, I put it away as I was not going to need it.

Now that I have had the TV for a couple of weeks, I am getting really annoyed with the buzzing noise coming from the back of the set. I am finding it very distracting as I do a lot of late night DVD viewing with the volume on my amp (Denon AVC-A1D) at modest levels. I called the Toshiba Helpline number listed in the manual, and they told me that the buzzing noise was normal (surely this can't be!), but that I should call EmpireDirect if I found it annoying and they would send an engineer. I am sure this will not achieve anything as other members of my family don't seem to be able to hear the buzzing at all. What if the engineer turns up and thinks I'm making it up?

Next fault/problem:
I use an NTL digital box connected via RGB Scart to Input 1. When I change channels, the TV autoformats between 4:3 and 16:9 but whan landing on some channels (especially BBC channels) the TV seems to think it has lost the signal and drops back to its in-built tuner (no aerial lead connected), where I have to press the input select button on the TV remote to get it to display the cable channel. This is also very annoying. I have made sure the NTL box is set up for a 16:9 TV. Is it my NTL box or is it the TV at fault?

This is where the story gets (slightly) interesting. Thinking that my tubular steel and glass shelving unit might be causing some kind of magnetic interference that might cause the buzzing, I went to get the stand out of its box, only to find another identical TV! Anyway, The second TV buzzes in exactly the same way. I called Empire to explain that firstly my TV was making buzzing noises and could they sort it out, and secondly they had shipped me two TVs and no stand, and would they please find out if I am going to be billed twice, and come and collect the other TV. I was told that they would investigate and call me back - no call came back so I called them again, and am still waiting for a response!

So here is my question - assuming that I have been billed for 1 TV, should I just keep both TVs (I have informed Empire twice now) and is this legal? Also, how do I go about getting one (or both) of the TVs fixed? It would be nice if I could end up with two buzz-free TVs!

Regards,
Alex

Hi all, new to these boards.

It seems i'm not the only one noticing a buzzing noise from my new 28ZD26P. :(

I think judging from all the comments on here that its a 'feature' of the model. I called toshiba and they said that because it's new it might take a few days for all the components to gel and wear in. Has anyone had one of these units for more than a few days? Is there anyone here with this TV that has reported the noise going away with use?

I have to say i'm not really sure what to do. i don't like the look of the sony ls60 and the toshiba has had better reviews, is cheaper and looks better IMHO. Saying that, i'm confident that trying to get a replacement will result in the same noise.

Any suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom