Toshiba 28ZD26 Problem

JIimmy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have had 2 Toshiba 28ZD26 with the same problem/fault with in 8 months. The problem is when I try and take the tv out of stanby it will either not come on for a few minutes, come on with no picture but sound, come on with picture and sound but I can turn chanels over. With all of these it then turns itself off ( back into standby mode ) all by itself.

The first Toshiba was a straight replacement for the one I currently have but this time they are sending an engineer out to see if he/she can fix it on site or in his/hers workshop.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the tv or is it just a me that it has happened to twice :( .

I have just experienced the same problem on my 18month old 28zd26.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

If you are still under warrenty phone up toshiba/retailer and tell them the problem they should fix it or swap it. Thats what they did to me.

Its out of warranty by about 6 months!
But have emailed them to see if it is a known fault as is easily repairable at one of their service centres.
Thanks

To the owners...is this Toshiba also Pal progressive or only Ntsc progressive?Thanks.LORD AXL

It is not PAL progressive.

Yep Jimmy's right.
Also...
Some owners feel it gives a better picture with porgressive scan mode selected for most viewing of non-progressive scan signals as it processes standard PAL singal better than sticking it on 100hz.....

Think this was discussed in depth at some point

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom