1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 28Z07B geometry

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PaulE, Nov 20, 2002.

1. PaulE

PaulE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a Toshiba 28Z07B for a few months now. A week or so after it arrived I noticed that the picture bent to the right at the top of the screen when displaying "high contrast" vertical features. Via 24-7 Electrical, I got someone from Peterborough Video Services to come out. He said he hadn't seen anything like this before and took the TV away for 2 weeks. It came back and they said that they had repaired it. It soon became apparent that the problem had not been cured - but it had changed - the picture now bends in slightly at both top left and top right corners when displaying things like window frames. The effect is lessened by reducing the sets contrast a lot. I talked to Peterborough Video who said they had been unable to replicate the problem but had "changed everything that could cause it". Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do now? The set is still under guarantee. Is this something I dare try and fiddle with myself?

Thanks.
    Paul