1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 28W8DB - red tint to picture

Discussion in 'TVs' started by fedski, Mar 24, 2005.

1. fedski

fedski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this TV for about 7 years now and it's served me well. The problem is the picture now appears to have a red tint. This tint is there no matter how I alter the colour. In fact it does not appear that I can change the colour or tint settings - the graphical display shows that I am changing the settings but the picture remains exactly the same.

I have a Grundig Sky decoder and use only that to watch TV programs (I haven't connected up the RF to reduce interference).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

FedSki.

2. fedski

fedski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, reading through the forums I've found out that it's perhaps a widespread fault with the tube. If anyone had any other advice I'd appreciate it. I want to get another year out of it before I upgrade to a HD plasma.

FedSki.

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    I'm 99% certain the crt has failed......odds are a Philips crt is fitted and is THE most common failing on this model :mad:

4. fedski

fedski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, from what I can gather it looks like the tube. Does anyone know how to reset the engineer settings back to the factory default?

FedSki.

5. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    Why? Have you or someone else been in the service menu and altered a setting?
    It is because the red gun within the crt is faulty that the picture has a red tint.....there is nothing you can alter within the service menu to correct this......it needs a replacement crt.