Quantcast

toshiba 28w23

M

mark .p.

anybody know anything about this model can get it for £285 , know its the base model widescreen from tosh and its not flat screen ,but is it any good ?

S

Savagevii

Any chance of some examples there chegz60? I too was looking at the Tosh' 28W23 but if you say there's better for a similar price :O I for one am finding it difficult to find the best bargain widescreen television sets :/

C

chegz60

Unfortunately most of us on here have all been there.
I started looking at buying a 'cheapy' widescreen but was lured by the 'pure flat screen'.
I finally bought a Philips 28PW6515 in August for £459 and have been very happy with it. (AFAIK it has now been replaced by 28pw6506.)
I think you'll find that you get what you pay for IF YOU'RE LUCKY.
I would recommend paying a little more if you can afford too.

;)

S

Savagevii

Not really thought about a Flatscreen as i've always seen them to be very expensive stuff, but after having a quick look around, i've come across the Samsung WS28M64NS, pure flatscreen apparently and not much more than what i was going to pay for the Tosh, just need some reassurance now to seal my decision :)

Thanks for the comments, now to find some reviews for this thing :)

C

chegz60

I almost bought it myself. It is in my opinion a much better buy than the Tosh. I liked it due to its small size, the Toshiba is a bit on the big side. The picture is far better and the sound is pretty good. Don't take just my word thou, do a search on the forum as I remember others asking about it.:p

S

Savagevii

Does the Samsung WS28M64NS support NTSC? I'm a little confused as alot of sites seem to contradict each other or just aren't as informative as i'd like

Ta :)