1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 28w23

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mark .p., Nov 26, 2002.

1. mark .p.

mark .p.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anybody know anything about this model can get it for £285 , know its the base model widescreen from tosh and its not flat screen ,but is it any good ?

2. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are better around for that price

3. Savagevii

Savagevii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any chance of some examples there chegz60? I too was looking at the Tosh' 28W23 but if you say there's better for a similar price :O I for one am finding it difficult to find the best bargain widescreen television sets :/

4. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately most of us on here have all been there.
    I started looking at buying a 'cheapy' widescreen but was lured by the 'pure flat screen'.
    I finally bought a Philips 28PW6515 in August for £459 and have been very happy with it. (AFAIK it has now been replaced by 28pw6506.)
    I think you'll find that you get what you pay for IF YOU'RE LUCKY.
    I would recommend paying a little more if you can afford too.

;)

5. Savagevii

Savagevii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really thought about a Flatscreen as i've always seen them to be very expensive stuff, but after having a quick look around, i've come across the Samsung WS28M64NS, pure flatscreen apparently and not much more than what i was going to pay for the Tosh, just need some reassurance now to seal my decision :)

Thanks for the comments, now to find some reviews for this thing :)

6. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I almost bought it myself. It is in my opinion a much better buy than the Tosh. I liked it due to its small size, the Toshiba is a bit on the big side. The picture is far better and the sound is pretty good. Don't take just my word thou, do a search on the forum as I remember others asking about it.:p

7. Savagevii

Savagevii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the Samsung WS28M64NS support NTSC? I'm a little confused as alot of sites seem to contradict each other or just aren't as informative as i'd like

Ta :)

8. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most new sets do. Check out the Samsung website.