1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 28" Widescreen tube advice

Discussion in 'TVs' started by maxl, Aug 19, 2005.

1. maxl

maxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I have a Toshiba 28Z07B 28" Widescreen TV which I purchased new in October 2001. Over the past few months I have noticed that the picture has become rather dark. Knowing the TV was out of warranty I contacted Toshiba and they put me in touch with an authorised repair company.

A field engineer came out to my house and managed to turn up the brightness by modifying the gain control inside the TV however he suggested that after doing so the picture was rather blue. I hadn't noticed (neither had the wife) that the picture had become blue over time but I guess that is because it is our main TV which we watch daily and hadn't noticed. The engineer took the TV back to their workshop to investigate the blue picture and to give me a price for a fix.

A week later, this morning infact, the repair company have suggested that it will cost £750.00 for a new tube including labour. :hiya:

I immediately contacted Toshiba to complain as the TV only cost £600.00 originally. Toshiba have spoken to the repair company and somehow they have negotiated the price of a new tube and labour down to just over £300.00. I think this is a very high price to pay, to fix a TV I have owned for just less than 4 years.

Is this common with Toshiba or CRT TV's? I thought the expected lifetime of a Toshiba TV tube would me much longer than this? :thumbsdow

Many thanks in advance :lease:

Gpx.