1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 28/32ZD06B-Picture Prob`s

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DaleL, Feb 12, 2002.

1. DaleL

DaleL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`ve got a Toshiba 28ZDO6B 100 htz tv(second set) & I am very disapointed with the picture quality.On Sky & normal tv the picture is "grainy" &" blocky"especially on fast moving images.
    I`ve tried a new tv arial & invested in some quality scart leads for the Sky box but very little improvement has been made.
    The first set was replaced for the same reason(engineer blamed poor digital picture processing).This second set had been a big improvement(but not perfect) for several months ,but now its worse than the first one.
    Both sets seem to be ok on dvd.
    I`ve got a portable tv upstairs that is linked to the Sky box & the picture on that is perfect.
    Has anybody out there got either a 28"or 32" model of this tv.If so whats your picture quality like.
    Mastercare are coming out again on Monday so I`d be grateful for any feedback.
    Thinking of asking for an alternative make if they can`t solve the problem :(

Thanks

Dale

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my experience with mastercare prove they could not fix a busted shoelace. Ask for another brand. Ive changed from sony to panasonic. i was gonna go with tosh but there have been so many negatives on this site about them. my new panny is terrific as were the last ones. Also there is very little negs on this site about pannys.

3. digital

digital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean a tosh 28/32 zd09b? or is there a zd06b? I have a 32zd09b and have put down the crappy pictures (blockiness with footy esp on ITV) from the telewest digibox down to compression/source problems rather than problems with the actual telly. It's performance via the component video inputs from my sony ns900 seems faultless. I'd be interested to hear if people think the problem is the telly especially as you have noticed no probs with your portable. Maybe the 100hz processing is the problem?

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A compressed picture will look blocky on a large tv set but not so on a small portable set.

5. DaleL

DaleL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes its a 28ZD06B (nicam 100hz).I take it there`s no way around the compression problems then. BTW the pictures fine on dvd via s video.

Rang Tosh again & guess what.............they have never heard of any prob`s with 100hz???? :confused:

6. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can reduce the effect of compression by turning off any digital enhancements, such as DNR and reducing your brightness and contrast down.

If the picture is bad on on the digital tv, then this would indicate compression is the problem. It is a pain to everyone with larger sets.