Toshiba 27WL56 - am about to buy one..

R

RobertUKTV

Hi,

I am going to buy a Toshiba 27WL56 27" LCD display this week.

Has anyone got one at the moment, and what do they think of it.

My primary purpose is to watch both TV (using my Sony freeview box), and also widescreen DVDs using a basic DVD player.

Thank you.

Regards, Robert.

It buzzes?

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is *exactly* why I was going to buy an LCD, because I just can't stand the high pitch whining sound that comes from my conventional CRT.

Please, can you do me a BIG favour, can you please please post another reply after you get your replacement, and tell us if a replacement has solved your problem.

Thanks very much,
-Robert.

I've found a second review -

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6109

Their main gripe appears to be the way the tv shows the black colour.

I think, because it's a HD ready tv, and it's only approx £650, it's probably the best there is at the moment - I like the favourable comments about watching freeview from the first review url link, because that's probably my main reason for buying a new tv.

My M8 has just bought one and he gave me a demo yesterday. With the volume turned up watching a DVD then whilst paused there was a buzz coming from the speakers. Is this the problem you were refering to. It seemed ok when turned down to watch normal TV. He didn't seem to mind but I think I would have to do something about it. :thumbsdow

>>It seemed ok when turned down to watch normal TV

Did the buzzing sound completely stop when the sound was turned down to watch normal TV?

Did the buzzing sound only seem to occur when the volume was quite loud?

Thanks, regards, Robert.

It only seemed noticeable when there was no output to the speakers i.e. when the DVD player was paused.

>>It only seemed noticeable when there was no output to the speakers i.e. when the DVD player was paused

Oh OK, that doesn't sound so bad then.

I mean, if it was OK just watching telly, then I'm going to go ahead and get one - I keep trying actually, everywhere seems to be sold out at the moment.

Was the tv picture any quality good? Did you try freeview, sky, or analogue?

Thanks, regards, Robert.

He gave me a demo using analogue, sky and a Tosh SD350e using the HDMI connexion.
Analogue was a lot better than I expected but he has got a mast top booster and as to be expected some channels looked better than others.

It was much the same with Sky.

Needless to say the tosh DVD player using HDMI was stunning, well impressed.

Picture was excellent I would have no problems with this set but then I don't pretend to an expert.

Thanks.

Are you tempted to get one, or have you seen something even better?!

I'm torn between the 32" Tosh and the Sammy LE32R41BDX. The advantage of the Sammy is that it has a Freeview tuner for around the same price.

Just about to buy one myself - looks like homecinematv.co.uk are doing the best deal.

Picking up a SD250E also.

Very nervous!!

Good luck Philth. (lol, like the name btw)

Please could you post your honest appraisal whenever you can, like, is it any good for freeview telly (if you have it), and really importantly, does it make this buzzing sound that some people are reporting.

Thanks, regards, Robert.

No worries - ordered it yesterday from homecinematv and theyve rung this morning to confirm delivery on Wednesday!!

I have an old ITV Digital box, so I'll let you know what freeview looks like.

Also, anyone know where I can get the component adaptor???

Just taken delivery of my 27" and SD350E. To be honest, Im hoping I can get the picture better than it is before er indoors gets home!!

Havent connected dvd player yet - may have to have it running for when she gets back!!

What you feeding it then. Some channels look better than others.

Regards Tulloch

Telewest via scart - think its rgb scart.

Have played around with the settings for a bit, got a better picture. Hoping that the 10 hours run-in time will help.

Problem now is, have connected my SD350 via component (using adaptor supplied by Toshiba - bought seperately), I get sound, but no picture!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Phil

Its an IXOS component to VGA lead - £14 from Tosh - ordered it Monday pm and arrived first thing Tuesday!

Got DVD (350E) working - comes thru on YUV. Took a while to work out how to switch progressive on - although I havent found a disc that shows that much a difference with it off or on. It would be interesting to see if HDMI makes that much of a difference.

Got an ear infection at the moment, so cant comment on the sound quality yet!

Would be interested to see the settings of anyone who has this exact combination of setup.

pictures?

of setup? don't think its worth it compared to the other guys on here:

Toshiba 27WLT56
Toshiba SD350E
UK Pal Xbox
Telewest Atlanta Box

sitting on an old, crappy Philips wood-painted-metal stand!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom