1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 27WL46 LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by robshebob, Mar 22, 2005.

1. robshebob

robshebob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Can anyone let me know off any reveiws/personal experience with this LCD TV.

Play.com have them at £699 is this a good price as I am total new to LCD :confused:

Cheers

2. avnovice

avnovice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I bought one on impulse in Dec 2004. Very stylish but I wasn't entirely happy with the pic quality. Having messed around with the settings (found the recommened ones on the web) it was much better. It doesn't handle dark scenes very well. DVD and some digital channels were good but not enough for my main TV. In addition when playing anything through an AV connection it made an intermittent whistling sound. In the end I took it back to Comet with hardly no questions asked - I think there was a problem with them. At the moment Comet no longer sell Toshibas. I'm now waiting to receive a Tosh 32wl48 (GBP1250) or some have recommended the Hitach 28LD5200 from Richer Sounds at GBP799.

3. Monev

Monev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Robshebob,
    I have been very disappointed by this set.
    I purchased from Unbeatable who were very good to deal with but the first set would not work and the second gave up after about 5 weeks (about 20 hours use.), Got refund from Unbeatable without any Problem and am now looking for a replacement.
    Monev