Toshiba 220E & Richer Sounds

Oh and back to subject...

Toshiba 220E is winning all the awards and scooping all the biz but id still have to wait for a DVD player with divx support.

Divx is quickly overtaking the VCD/SVCD standard... with good reason to also;)

Hopefully with sigmas DIY DVD board with DivX support we will soon get DVD players equiped with DivX hardware support.

just seen the dvd player i bought for £149.95 for £99.95 on their web site what should I do

id replace it with the model u wanted... the 220e is scooping all the awards !

If not wait untill stock arrives.... theres a very good reason there out of stock:)

cos there the best currently out there! dont let richer sounds fobb u off with another replacement or different brand.

I have tested and watch a couple of clips of Lord of the rings and black hawk down, There is nothing wrong with the dvd player toshiba 210, put do you think that I should go into the store and ask for the £50 or just swapped it for the toshiba 220. I have e-mailed richer sounds and sent them a copy of my receipt and a picture of the price of the 210e on the web site which is £50 cheaper than the shop.

from pete18

Well thats the thing u could just go and replace it with the upgraded model of yours....

Or just get the 50 quid back.....

Im sure theres nothing really wrong but then the 220E is the upgrade, Ie better!

will they give me the £50, back

they didn't have the tosh 220 in stock so that's why i got the 210 was that still good for £150. But i will still get the £50 back when I go there again

Well its still good but not better then the Tosh 220E.

Toshiba 210
Toshiba 220E

See how the Toshiba 220E is the upgrade of the 201 ?

And since your upgrade cost less then £150 id say u got conned.
Richer sounds just gave u the 210 model cos they are out of stock of the 220E and they dont want to loose a sale thats all.

I cant decide for u, but even u should be able to see what richer sounds have done to you.

Like I said either go back exchange it for the 220E upgrade which cost like £140-£150 or get your £50 quid back, your choice at end of day!

i can see what they have done to me I have already sent their company a e-mail complaint from their web site, because I live around 25-30 miles from the store I haven't got time to go back during the middle of the week so I will have to leave it until saturday, that a week since I bought BUT I will phone them befoe and ask if they have any in stock before I go, if they haven't I just say that I have seen the tosh 220, in another store and found it much better than the 210 and ask for a refund.

that the best thing to do right
from pete

<moved to new thread>

Pete 18,
when I saw a price of £99.95 for a Tosh 210 I went straight to RS web site....sorry £99.95 is a SD110 . The multiregion 210 is £189.95 !!! I have a 210 and would have bought another as it plays everything inc SVCD and is a superb quality machine.
Vmax

i like the machine but, when I watch a couple of dvd's mainly Lord of the rings i get a green line going down the side of the picture

I am going to take it back anyway for my refund of my £50, or should I just swap it for the 220

the tosh 210 is £99.95 in the manager clearance on the web, I bought it at richer sounds store as a clearance

pete

I had a simular problem with RS a few years back, bought a yamaha amp, for 150, took it home with a copy of their latest toilet paper and saw it in there for 100.
phoned the store and 2 days latter i get a letter from Julian saying sorry of the cock up heres 50 quid.

try it.. to get your 50quid or insist on the replacement cos yours has a fualt and that fort he trouble you want the one you went in for..

good luck

oh yeh and you have 14 dyas to try it... how long ago di you get it ?

you could just box it up take it back and say ill have the 220:mad:

i bought it last saturday,going back this saturday

what should I say I want the 220,but if they are out of stock get my money back

from pete

Yes. They should agree to that, they're pretty good on returns usually. I took back a multifunction remote the wife mistakenly bought, not knowing of the power of the Pronto, and took it back 5 weeks later after christmas, and as they had no Prontos in stock, agreed to refund it. Good lads.

C

just take it back mate.

richer do a 14 day refund, and if it has a line down the pic it is faulty anyway and automatically entiteles you to a 28 day refund.
after 28 days the company has the option to replace or repair it.

as for managers clearance be careful , managers clearance usually means that the manager of that store or department (ie online) can mark clearance items at the price they want. So if a manager has a 210 that has been in the dem room for a day and he wants to clear it with £30 discount he can, but another manager may have the same unit in a store 20 miles down the road that has been returned by a customer and he may knock £100 off. So you cant really compare managers clearance prices.

I would take it back get a refund and start over, with the player you originaly went in for. If you want to buy a new player in 12 months when dvd-r are at £199 or whatever, you will get more for the 220 than you will for a 210 , it may be 3 models old by then.

dont let them **** you about, get what you want.

gizlaroc

they gave me a credit note receipt , and they have ordered me the toshiba 220, the one i wanted. He that the tosh 210 was a better machine and the pitcure was the same or better. they still said that the aiwa was the one to buy, they said that they have had so many returns for tosh, that was of the firmware that has been upgraded to 1.5

from pete

i bought a 220e from richer sounds yesterday in birmingham. v1.5 plays everything i've thrown at it so far regions 1, 2, 3 and 4 and it plays all my RCE disks.

service was great didn't try to sell me anything else, fab player, fab price, fab service.

yes - i'm pleased.

Gary

Originally posted by Garyd
i bought a 220e from richer sounds yesterday in birmingham. v1.5 plays everything i've thrown at it so far.

yes - i'm pleased.

Gary

i bought one yesterday too, amazing player

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom