Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba 210e...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Darth_Fisto, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi, I did a search and found some but not much info on how to make the Toshiba 210 multi-region. I know there is no 'hack', but I read that you can use the same 220e firmware that made that player multi-region.

Now, I would like to know where to get this firmware and also how to burn it to a CD-R. I would also like to know how reliable this is and if there is any chance it could screw up the machine.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it. This is not my machine (I just got the multi-region SD330), but I would be grateful for help on this matter.

Cheers :smashin:

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,442
    The 220 multiregion frimware will not work on the 210, chipping or whatever you prefer to call it is the only way to make the 210 MR!
    It was and still is a great little machine (I have one now relegated to the kids room) and can be had from Richersounds already MR enabled for £80 though they are selling off the 220 MR for £80 also.

3. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Well, I tried it (it wasn't firmware but just changes one thing, or so I read) and it worked. The player is now multi-region, or at least it can play R1 and R2 DVDs, and it definitely couldn't play R1 DVD's before. The 'hack' played like a crappy 10 second VCD, with the word "Fin" at the end.

But it worked.