1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 210e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by anephric, Mar 23, 2002.

1. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Howdy,

I recently upgraded my Tosh SD100 dvd player to the 210 (multiregion) and bought a Hitachi 32 WS tv to complement it but am having trouble with the player.

Firstly it is cropping the picture (quite considerably on Region1 discs but also noticeably on R2 as well, prejudiced to the left side of the screen) and also I can't get a decent RGB picture off a R1 disc: it's fine in RGB for R2 discs but I get contrasty streaks off vivid colours and light sources when viewing R1 discs. Is this a problem with the NTSC conversion on my tv or with the firmware installed in my player to make it multiregion compatible?

Any help would be appreciated cos it's ****ing me off something chronic.

Cheers,
    Anephric

2. phuturephantasy

phuturephantasy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had exactly the same problem on my multi-region Toshiba SD-100 when watching region 1 films in RGB (region 1 Seven was a real problem) the only way I could get round it was to switch the DVD player and tv into S-VIDEO mode and use it that way (not ideal as I think RGB is slightly better). I was told that the tv was not setup correctly to display NTSC but I have never found any adjustment that made any difference even in the service menus on my Thomson 32ws22u.