Toshiba 210E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rich C, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Rich C

Rich C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any ideas where I can buy a Toshiba 210E multi-region in black? I've tried all the recommended retailers but they only have silver. I don't want to buy from Richer sounds as I believe their mod isn't 'all encompassing'. Any clues anyone???

2. Wilf

Wilf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I bought a 210E from Richersounds(black). The hack works fine on all my region 1 dvd's, including the RCE Crouching Tiger. What have you heard? What's 'all encompassing'? It either plays RCE or it doesn't(doesn't it????)

3. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Wilf means macrovision disabled, not just RCE able and multi region.

4. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There are 2 types of RCE workarounds

#1 - you have to access the chapter selection menu through your remote and do a lot of chapter searching to find extra feature menus etc etc. My friend bought one from Richer Sounds and this is the way his works

#2 - all you have to do is put in a non RCE R2 disc 1st, ejexct it and stick in your RCE R2 and it will play as normal no remote fiddling etc. This is why I bought from the above supplier