1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 210E, 210

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rich C, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Rich C

Rich C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to the DVD world and want to add a 210E to my existing home cinema system. I'm just getting a bit confused by retailers advertising this player as either a 210E or just a 210. Is there a difference?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No.The E just means European Model, I guess a none E machine has no scart, is a different region etc

Also I must add that this player, IMHO, is the muts nuts and you will not be unhappy in any way with it, but buy one from a good supplier. I got mine from DVD Magic (www.DVD-magic.net I think) for £199 fully chipped and RCE compatible and they provided me with a spot on service!

3. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Meat is right, this truly is a great player. And can give out some decent sound when combined with a decent receeiver/amp and speakers. As well as a great picture

4. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go and get this machine. Just got mine today, but working tonite, still have not tried it yet. £189 for MR player with RGB component output, what more can u ask for!!! BTW, the dvd magic has incresaed the price of chipped player, but the website says the MR plyer cannot play RCE dvd, is that true??

5. sportive

sportive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine last weekend and am totally impressed with it. Picture quality is great, sound is great, does play RCE DVD & works with all my CD-R's without fuss.

For approx £200 you can't really go wrong. And the one in Silver looks dead smart, even though up close it is a bit plasticy.

Andrew.W

6. Wilf

Wilf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've had two Pionner 636d. Both machines went faulty after a couple of months. I spent a long time waiting for pioneer to sort it out. Eventually I brought a 210E. To me there's no noticable difference in picture or sound, and I'm £150 the happier

7. silver_sam

silver_sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

8. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re the 210 from DVD Magic playing RCE, the website says the one with only the multi-region hack doesn't play RCE but the other one does. Before I bought it I checked with them and the guy I spoke to says it definitely does, and he's the one who does the mods. He said he was gonna get the website updated.

I don't have an RCE disc to check it with unfortunately.

Hey, I just checked the website again and it no longer says that it can't play RCE discs.

I agree about the service these guys give, it's top-notch.