1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 210 - quick review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jase, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hi Guys & Gals

Just got myself a Toshiba 210e as a stop gap before i get an upmarket player.

It has to be said the playback is superb, certainly better than my Panasonic a360, its also way better than the Panny for cd playback as well.

As for the supposed noisy drive, you can hardly hear it, you´d have to stick your head right next to it when watching a film needless to say i wont be doing that!!

Layer changes are ok , about the same as the Panny, there are zoom features etc but i dont use them so for me they´re a non issue.

Overall i´m pretty impressed by it. Well recommended for the money.

Cheers
    Jase

2. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm with you on all you said Hooty but just to add my little bit I find the zoom excellent. To get the best out of my projector with 1:2.35 aspect ratio DVD's, I always use the first zoom level which utilises more of the DLP panels height without cutting off much of the picture at either end and with no apparent loss in picture quality. Even at the second level of zoom the quality appears to be just as good.

Cheers MikeD