1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 210 best deal?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stu.king, Feb 10, 2002.

1. stu.king

stu.king

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Followed everybodys advice and decided on toshiba 210, Richer Sounds seemed the best deal: dvd + 5 year warranty + p&p=£207 but currently out of stock.

Then someone mentioned the macrovision disabled modification from www.multimagic.co.uk dvd+video mod = £229 but no 5 year warranty.

Bit pis*** off with richer as still out of stock but now put up basic price from £168 to £189.

Just found www.techtronic.com dvd +video mod for £191 p&p free, and i can get a 2 year warranty cost unknown.

Now....deep breath...Do i run with richer sounds with dvd+5 year warranty+p&p for £228.

I
    has anyone purchased goods from techtronics? what is their after sales service like.

Should i just go back to betamax?.....help...Agh.........stu

2. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Techtronics aftersales is a little worrying, do a search on google you should be able to find lots on them, which will put you off immediately :).

HTH

For what its worth :
    A friend of mine has just bought the Toshiba210 in silver, full multiregion including macrovision disabled, RCE etc

he paid £240 for it but got it home to find it doesn't fit under his TV!!!!! He is now having to sell it for £200
    It has the original shop receipt (i think it was from sevenoaks)
    12month warranty etc. He lives in Nottingham if thats any help to you.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    OMG dosen't he know you can buy them new for £150 :eek: .Granted they are R2 at that price.

4. taximan

taximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my toshiba 210 from richer sounds mail order for £160 multi region.They do a price match plus an additional £10 off. Just phone them up and tell them youve found a shop selling them for £170 multiregion and they will ask you which shop. They will then phone the shop to confirm the price and then they will beat it by £10. When I asked about delivery charges, they quoted £10. I then said I may as well buy it from the afformentioned shop as I wouldnt be saving anything so richer said they would send it free which they did.I also purchased the 3 year supercover for £19.99 and if not used, they refund the £19.99 after 3 years.So all in all, I got a multiregion for £179.99( £159.99 if nothing goes wrong) I dont think you will beat this price anywhere.Ive allways used richersounds as they provide a very helpful and friendly service. The shop I used as a competitor was www.electrocentre.com in b'ham.Check out the website.Just looked and they are selling them for £159. If you then phone richersounds, you should get an extra £10 off. What have you got to lose!!!!!!
    Let me know how you got on and if all this writing has been worth it.
    taximan.

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
  6. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    >OMG dosen't he know you can buy them new for £150 .Granted they are R2 at that price

His is Macrovision free though as well as Multiregion, rce etc. These chips are much more expensive. I think he has actually sold it now, i know a few people were interested.
    I know £200 may sound expensive but chips are different.
    Richer sounds are not macrovison disabled and some have reported some rce probelms.

7. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Actually I didn't mention RS, it was someone else. :) .The units i seen were from official outlets,supplied in sealed cartons.

8. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    <The units i seen were from official outlets,supplied in sealed cartons>

but who in there right mind would buy one of those!!! :)

9. mickeyc

mickeyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It might be a bit late but BIGSAVE.COM are selling TOSH 210 multiregions for about £164 delivered to registered users.
    Good Luck :D

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my silver MR 210E in a Free Serve auction from Rings electrical for £101 +£15 p&p. I think they are doing the similar 110E this w/e - will probably go for a similar figure!!