Toshiba 20WLT56B

T

Terry B

I have just bought a Toshiba 20WLT56B and I'm wondering if anyone can explain to me why it has a very black reflective mirror-like screen! As far as I have seen all LCD screens have a matt finish! Is this a new innovation by Toshiba? I have seen the same model in the shops and none of them have a screen like this! Any answers please?
I also notice that on Toshiba's site they only list their models without the "B". What does the "B" stand for?
:lease:

luckyb**

Was it a cheap deal??

gaz2785

Terry B said:
I have just bought a Toshiba 20WLT56B and I'm wondering if anyone can explain to me why it has a very black reflective mirror-like screen!
I have never seen an Toshiba LCDs with a reflective type of screen! :rolleyes:

T

Terry B

I bought it from Digital Point on the web at £390. Everything about the set seems right - labels, box, packaging etc., just that the screen appears shiny black. I've attached a photo, you can see how clear the reflection is!

Attachments

T

Terry B

I've phoned Toshiba and according to them the "B" simply means "Britain" - logical I suppose! But as to my main query about the screen I'll have to wait till Monday when the teccy boys come back to work! In the meantime if anyone else has come across this, I'd be interested to know.