Toshiba 20WLT56 where can I find reviews ?

irvspeed

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have more or less decided to get one of these but would be happier if I could read about it first. Its not coming out in UK untill mid Nov apparantly. Anyone have more info than the Tosh site. Like is it 240V or 12v DC? New mags should have details eventually I suppose.

Have also more or less decided to get the Tosh 20WLT56 when it is eventually released to the market. 20" widescreen and freeview for a bit more than £400 seems reasonable. Got bitten by the Sonix 26" so hoping that a brand name such as Toshiba will come up with something a little more reliable. No reason to expect the Tosh won't be an average to good product when reviewed.

Not seen any reviews yet and I guess these won't appear until the product is actually available to punters like you and me.

Mr Sparkle

Mr Sparkle said:
Not seen any reviews yet and I guess these won't appear until the product is actually available to punters like you and me.
Mr Sparkle

Magazines generally seem to be a bit slow off the mark - usually a good month or so after the product comes out before the reviews seem to surface.

Anyone know where I could find the manual (online) for this set? I have it coming in a few weeks and would like to work ahead in terms of cabling et cetera.

Actually that one ends in p not t. don't know if it's a different set - I haven't heard of one ending with t

Tha's the 27". I only have the humble 20" (small room anyway), which has arrived now anyway so I can do my own reviews.... ;)

Thanks for the reply though!

Hi Forumthree...

Would be interested to know what you think on your new telle.. mainly I want one for freeview

Thanks

simon

Just received my 20WL56 and the picture is absolutely brilliant.
(It doesn't have the digital receiver of the WLT model, but the rest of the set should be identical.

I have no qualms recommending it to anyone. Power input is a 4-pin 24v plug, fed from a fairly large power-supply "brick" that takes 110-240v input.

Inputs are all bottom facing, about 2" above the bottom edge of the unit.

They are, from left to right, looking at the back of the unit:

Power in; pc input; AV3 (S-VHS, RCA audio, Y Pb Pr component input); AV2 (Scart); AV1 (Scart); Antenna; PC audio in jack.

Theer's a standard VESA wall mount on the back and the table stand is easy to remove.

Luminance on the picture is incredible. Only slight niggle is that the gloss finish to the scren reflects window light more than the matt screen on my Relisys RLT1730 it replaces...

Agreed.

The casing can feel cheap to the touch yet, for this level of specification vs price, is easily disregarded.

I haven't got my Sky+ through it yet, but a standard RF signal produced a decent image. My Xbox is now outputting in HD through component and the picture is very, very impressive. Colours are vibrant but controlled, luminance is well managed and the sound output is well driven.

This TV would be preferrable in black, as the grey and silver seems dated, but I'm very pleased with it.

Do you want to know anything else?

Hi mate.

Have u tried your set with a pc connected to it? Are you able to get a native resolution displayed?

I have the older/bigger brother of this tv in my living room but would like the same set, smaller size in my bed room :D

any chance of a piccy with it all setup?

cheers :thumbsup:

Yes. I've had my PC running through it on 1024x768 (it doesn't have anything higher so I can't take advantage of the 1366x768) and it looked excellent - very crisp indeed. The response rate is impressive for something this size too. The PaP (PC and picture) is also well implemented and it's quite novel to have my desktop and Xbox on the same screen, albeit in a reduced form.

You're reading this from someone who's had his first experience of PiP so be kind...!

The set comes with a standad 15pin DSUB connection and an audio PC lead (basic 3.5mm jack to 2xRCA connectors).

I'll upload some images once the Sky+ and DVD player arrive, so I can exhibit the TV in all its versatility. Cool?

I don't recall messing around with the aspect ratios when the PC was plugged in, which leads me to believe that the ratio was as per the PC anyway. In fact, thinking about it now, it was.

The only issue I have with that Sony is that it looks awful. Not a pleasant design in my opinion!

The Toshiba is perfect with PC input. It certainly put my monitor to shame!

Can anybody recommend a good site to buy the 20WLT56? Best i have found so far is at Be Direct for £437.97 inc delivery.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom